Starcannons

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
beuille
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Starcannons

Post by beuille » Tue Apr 03, 2012 4:07 pm

Hey guys I would love to know your thoughts on Starcannons, are they worth their points or just too expensive?

At Ap2 I just feel they might help kill those stupid marines but at a heavy 2 rating guardians will just miss?

With marines in mind what would people say is the best weapon to take to get rid of marines? Im thinking scatter laser as it causes more saves?

krisbot4000
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Starcannons

Post by krisbot4000 » Tue Apr 03, 2012 5:41 pm

unless you have clear LOS ( no cover saves) and guide starcannons arent that great any more.

Your best bet for killing marines is in hand to hand, or through torrent of fire really.
“For the night is dark and full of terrors, but the fire burns them all away.”

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Tue Apr 03, 2012 6:56 pm

krisbot4000 wrote:unless you have clear LOS ( no cover saves) and guide starcannons arent that great any more.

Your best bet for killing marines is in hand to hand, or through torrent of fire really.
This is your best bet. You can get AP 1 or 2 in much cheaper means than Star Cannons. There are way better options for the mounts which they take up.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Lordpike
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Lordpike » Fri Apr 06, 2012 12:08 am

If they were the same points cost as Scatter Lasers they would be worth taking however they are not so they are worthless.
Eldar
Chaos Marines
High Elves
Necrons

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 6:22 am

I am a massive fan of just spamming scatter lasers and shuri cannons. Torrent of fire ftw.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

beuille
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by beuille » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:37 am

I am a fan of double scatters on a warwalker. 8 S6 shots can do sme damage, generally hitting with four but can do some serious damage to a squad

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:49 am

Back in my day i ran 3x3 walkers with scatters. Used to guide all 3 with eldrad + regular farseer and pwn face ^_^

Oh how i miss my Eldar... :(
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you