nightspinner

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
EmersonG-S
MiniWarGaming Beginner

nightspinner

Post by EmersonG-S » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:30 pm

Where can you find the profile for the night spinner in the eldar codex? im either blind or it really isnt there
1500 pts Eldar
as of 6th ed. release W/L/D - 0/1/0

Gather the dead for war. Let them join our ranks. Lest we are forced to join theirs.
- Farseer Kelmon

Zeruel13
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: nightspinner

Post by Zeruel13 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 8:32 pm

It's not in the codex, it was released in White Dwarf. I believe you can download its rules for free from the GW web site.

Edit: Here found them

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... _Rules.pdf

scotzy1995
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by scotzy1995 » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:18 pm

I had the same problem when i first heard of the nightspinner. you should check out the link, it can help with horde armies and stuff.

EmersonG-S
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by EmersonG-S » Tue Mar 20, 2012 9:19 pm

Zeruel13 wrote:It's not in the codex, it was released in White Dwarf. I believe you can download its rules for free from the GW web site.

Edit: Here found them

http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... _Rules.pdf

why thank you good sir.
1500 pts Eldar

Gather the dead for war. Let them join our ranks. Lest we are forced to join theirs.
- Farseer Kelmon

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Wed Mar 21, 2012 6:50 am

scotzy1995 wrote:I had the same problem when i first heard of the nightspinner. you should check out the link, it can help with horde armies and stuff.
The fact that it's Rending and the Dangerous Terrain move ignores FnP makes this weapon good against any type of army.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

EmersonG-S
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by EmersonG-S » Thu Mar 22, 2012 1:54 pm

Joe wrote:
scotzy1995 wrote:I had the same problem when i first heard of the nightspinner. you should check out the link, it can help with horde armies and stuff.
The fact that it's Rending and the Dangerous Terrain move ignores FnP makes this weapon good against any type of army.
the exact reason im thinking of getting one now, i see you use it in your batt reps, and it does fairly well, which made me want it more
1500 pts Eldar

- Farseer Kelmon

scotzy1995
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by scotzy1995 » Thu Mar 22, 2012 6:03 pm

Joe wrote:
so wait? rending? didnt see that, will have to read it more thuroughly if i ever get one, and what does FnP mean? probably a dumb question but im new so i get a few of those i believe :D
anyway as i saw in the batrep of yours against dave, and the one dan had with the eldar player ( dont remember if you fielded one against dan) they can not only pin down targets with their diff/dangerous tests, but with this rending it can slaughter heavy armour... sounds like a great tank overall and something to look into.
well thats my 2 cents, anyone else wanna give theirs :wink:

EmersonG-S
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by EmersonG-S » Thu Mar 22, 2012 8:55 pm

scotzy1995 wrote:
Joe wrote:
so wait? rending? didnt see that, will have to read it more thuroughly if i ever get one, and what does FnP mean? probably a dumb question but im new so i get a few of those i believe :D
anyway as i saw in the batrep of yours against dave, and the one dan had with the eldar player ( dont remember if you fielded one against dan) they can not only pin down targets with their diff/dangerous tests, but with this rending it can slaughter heavy armour... sounds like a great tank overall and something to look into.
well thats my 2 cents, anyone else wanna give theirs :wink:

i believe FnP is Feel No Pain, and since its a barrage weapon wouldnt it ignore cover? or does barrage not do that?
1500 pts Eldar

- Farseer Kelmon

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Thu Mar 22, 2012 9:29 pm

With Barrage for cover purposes the shot is counted as if coming from the centre of the blast marker, not the position of the model.

So unless the unit is in cover it is unlikely that they will get a cover save, however the AP on the nightspinner is - so everyone gets an armour save anyway.

But this is where the rending on it becomes awesome, because they get no armour save which means no FnP and depending on the location of the centre of the blast could mean no cover save either.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

TheRuggernaut
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by TheRuggernaut » Fri Mar 23, 2012 12:34 am

Reading up on the uber-competitive tourney-goers on DakkaDakka that they love to use 1-2 of them in mechanized Eldar (mechdar) lists. Basically they're running 7 wave serpents and 2 night spinners w/ three 5-man squads of Fire Dragons and three of 5-man Avengers, plus last Serpent is commander (Farseer, Warlocks, maybe-Yriel maybe Autarch). Looks effective, and I like the artillery of the Night Spinners. ;)

Edit: these are generally 1850-2000pt GT lists apparently, and they seem to run only Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers, nothing bigger on the Serpents.
Eldar Altansar: ~11,900 pts *1/3 painted/assembled.
Ariadna United: ~300 pts *1/3 painted.

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.

sebastionsynn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.

Post by sebastionsynn » Fri Mar 23, 2012 1:12 am

Reading up on the uber-competitive tourney-goers on DakkaDakka that they love to use 1-2 of them in mechanized Eldar (mechdar) lists. Basically they're running 7 wave serpents and 2 night spinners w/ three 5-man squads of Fire Dragons and three of 5-man Avengers, plus last Serpent is commander (Farseer, Warlocks, maybe-Yriel maybe Autarch). Looks effective, and I like the artillery of the Night Spinners.

Edit: these are generally 1850-2000pt GT lists apparently, and they seem to run only Shuriken Cannons and Scatter Lasers, nothing bigger on the Serpents.
they don't need anything bigger on the serpents. the spinners hit the target and if it's a tank hopefully immobilize it, a dragon serpent, and an avenger serpent roll up to, deploy both units. the dragons then make the immobile target into a microwave oven, and the avengers, serpent scatter lasers and shuriken cannon, then proceed to turn the unlucky unit that was in the target into so much ground beef. lather, rinse, repeat 2 more times. the only thing that would make that kind of list nastier is if Eldar could turn the shuriken catapults on the front of the tank into a heavy flamer. and why we can't do that i have no idea.

BTW, same tactics for infantry that are unlucky enough to get nailed by the spinners template.
New research has discovered that research causes cancer in lab rats.
Assembled the model before painting?? It's not a n00b mistake, it's a training exercise to improve your painting skills

TheRuggernaut
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by TheRuggernaut » Fri Mar 23, 2012 8:32 am

Annnnd roger that. Looks like I'll run that a few times when my oddball lists are getting waxed repeatedly at the local club, shut some folks down. Yeah I don't wanna do GT tourneys either, just crush hopes and dreams of 12yr old Ultramarines fans mwuahahaha! Hey, consider it this way: my crystal seers foresaw them becoming soulsucking lawyers with Porsches and supermodel girlfriends later in life and acted in the traditional Eldar way of nipping Chaos in the bud. ;)
Eldar Altansar: ~11,900 pts *1/3 painted/assembled.
Ariadna United: ~300 pts *1/3 painted.

"Love and war. What else is there? Love is the more dangerous of the two. I wear the other face." Red Branch, Morgan Llewelyn.