Ideas for giving an oop Wraithlord a wraithsword

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Calandryll
MiniWarGaming Regular

Ideas for giving an oop Wraithlord a wraithsword

Post by Calandryll » Mon Mar 19, 2012 2:56 am

I have a few old metal Wraithlords that I want to give wraithswords. All of the bits stores I am aware of are sold out so I am looking for other ideas. Basically a model or models that have a sword large enough and close enough so that it looks somewhat Eldar.

I am thinking of just magnetizing the sword to the Wraithlord's back or using the blade and putting it underneath the Wraithlord's forearm. Not looking to have it hold the sword since the old wraithlord's hands are open.

Any ideas? Would love to spend under $40 on this if at all possible.

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Re: Ideas for giving an oop Wraithlord a wraithsword

Post by Joe » Mon Mar 19, 2012 6:52 am

Green Stuff and Plasticard
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Rex the ork
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Rex the ork » Mon Mar 19, 2012 9:06 am

I, as well encountered this problem. If you buy the Chaos Warriors Horsemen back, there in a giant spear that I used. It seems werid, but it worked.

This is it. (Giant Spear in box)
http://www.games-workshop.com/gws/catal ... rod1590018

sebastionsynn
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry
Location: having lunch in the Resteraunt At The End Of The Universe.

Post by sebastionsynn » Mon Mar 19, 2012 4:03 pm

in the Eldar prophecy book there is a description of a witchblade that looks exactly like a tyranid Bone Sword.

i got my hive tyrant in 4th edtion and modeled and pinned him before, seeing the magnetic tutorials, with the heavy venom cannon, and scything talons.

so i cut the bone sword off at just above the hand piece, this meant i needed a handle, so i shaved down a sprue piece and sanded it till it was rounded. i then took a small piece of rubber foam and wrapped my needle nose pliers in it and very carefully bent each finger of the wraithlord and the lords thumb. pinning the rounded sprue to the bone sword this now allowed my metal wraithlord to hold the sword in his hands. i'd get you pics but i got tired ot trying to keep the pins and the glue on the lords legs and arms in place and got rid of them. seemed like every time i took them out of their foam pocket the legs and arms needed to be reglued.

hope this helps you.
New research has discovered that research causes cancer in lab rats.
Assembled the model before painting?? It's not a n00b mistake, it's a training exercise to improve your painting skills