Need advice?

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
scotzy1995
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Need advice?

Post by scotzy1995 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:08 pm

I am going to games workshop next week and am wondering what to get next. I have been going through the codex, and am looking to strengthen my army. All things that can change opinions are what i face and what i have. My list, though small consists of:
- Eldrad Ulthran
- Battleforce ( 5 avengers, exarch two shruiken catapults, 10 guardian with bright lance platform, wave serpent with twin linked scatter lasers, war walker with scatter laser and starcannon) many of which i am wanting to change like the weaponry on their guns ( any advice will be apreciated)
- 10 dire avengers with exarch and power weapon, shimmershield
- 5 dark reapers
I believe that is all of my army, and my armies i usually face are marines and orks. I have been debated with a farseer, scorpions, fire dragons, and another battleforce( if i have the amount of cash needed) any help would be apreciated, and you can list any of the units in the codex not just what i have listed. List units that have done well for you, and how you used them because it would not only help me buld my army but how to use units not only in the future but how i would face them. Thanks in advance again and any help would be apreciated.

ohh and i am going for more shooty, with farseers backing them up, but would like to have close combat units so that they( although avengers can hold their own in close combat) dont get tied up in combat.

Chief
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Re: Need advice?

Post by Chief » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:10 pm

One vote for Battleforce + Farseer & Warlock set.

scotzy1995
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by scotzy1995 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:21 pm

the thing with that is i am certain i could buy the farseers, with the 3 warlocks but i dont know if i have enough atm for the battleforce, but two that i am looking at for certain

Chief
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Post by Chief » Sun Mar 18, 2012 3:22 pm

In that case, you might want to just save up for the force.
Before you really start with the add-ins, you want to make sure you have a solid core.

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Sun Mar 18, 2012 5:20 pm

Chief, you're a scholar and a gentleman, and right as usual.

Save up for the Battle Force. You will have two Dire Avenger Squads in the Wave Serpents, with Room for Eldrad in 1 (you can probably get away with just using him as a regular Farseer if you need) and you fill out your War Walkers a little.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

scotzy1995
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by scotzy1995 » Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:36 pm

that was what the one guy at games workshop was saying. since i was new to eldar i was asking him what was good for an eldar army. he said eldrad and dark reapers. i bought the battleforce and an extra squad of dire avengers so i could have a good amount of them ( also they are my favourite aspect warrior) but that is probably what i will do, this way i can get a wave serpent and others for alot cheaper. But with the guardians i have 1 question... which are better, guardians or storm guardians, and if storm guardians are better how can i convert them to storm guardians. also which of the heavy weapon platform is the best for the guards. the lance is what i have but i find 1 shot bs3 is more gambling then good. if it hits fine but if not then it doesnt serve the purpose. i was thinking any other (well shruiken cannon until i figured out that they all counted as assault weapons) now idk. scatter lasers have the volume for the low bs, but the eml could work with the small blast
thanks for the help, i think i have decided on the battleforce, and with me finishing priming the rest of my soldiers today i have a week to see how many i can finish before this saturday
edit- he said that eldrad was like 10 times better and that he could just be proxied for a normal farseer if low on points