forge world models

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
jhym
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: here and there claiming dominion over all and making you surrender and die

forge world models

Post by jhym » Thu Aug 04, 2011 6:54 pm

ya so i was lookin at forge world and saw this cool lookin hornet wich is basically the same as a war-walker but instead of being a walker is a fast skimmer , same weapon choices, scout as well...
also the wasp assault walker looks nice...
waddaya think? in an outflanking army list would those hornets be worth it? or should i go with another fast choice?

oh ya forgot: assault are troops choice and hornets are fast choice
WE ARE THE NECRONTYR WE CLAIM DOMINION OVER THIS THREAD SURRENDER AND DIE
Necrons over 7k points
Mechanicus over 4k points (with knights)

Horus Heresy
World Eaters over 4k points

evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: forge world models

Post by evilgreenthing » Thu Aug 04, 2011 7:44 pm

Most people wont let you play with them...
sincerely EGT

jhym
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Location: here and there claiming dominion over all and making you surrender and die

Post by jhym » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:46 pm

but...but...why?
they dont seem overpower..do they?
Necrons over 7k points

Horus Heresy

Rangrok1k
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Rangrok1k » Thu Aug 04, 2011 8:57 pm

jhym wrote:but...but...why?
They are :P

Some of them that is. Spectres, I wish, were more awesome. They are probably my favorite Forgeworld Model...
Clearly, I'm a mere walking corpse, shambling through walls of text.

Inactive? Maybe...

Treq2112
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Treq2112 » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:10 pm

Wraithseer......Hands down. :mrgreen:
If anybody tried to take the 2+ invuln on those I would suggest punching them in the grapes or neck if they are female-Joe
Treq you are now officially awesome x2-Falcon96
I give up my freedom to my job now but hey its what lets me buy my plastic crack-Noc

negZero
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by negZero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:20 pm

Rangrok1k wrote:
jhym wrote:but...but...why?
They are :P

Some of them that is. Spectres, I wish, were more awesome. They are probably my favorite Forgeworld Model...
The majority of FW models are underpowered those (Spectres, whole Death Krieg list, and so on) However the ones that are overpowered are OP by large margin ( Land Raider Achilles [Monolith LR really guys stop and think next time), Dreadclaw, and arguably the Hornet)
Treq2112 wrote:Wraithseer......Hands down. :mrgreen:
Horribly Overpriced, underpowered, and you need to buy another HQ just to field a legal army. The only thing that saves him is hes fluffy, and psyker that fits in perfectly with a wraithwall list.

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zero » Thu Aug 04, 2011 11:27 pm

FW is absolutely stupid. Their rules are terrible and their models are overpriced. The hornet id ridiculous. There's a reason GW doesn't have one in the Codex, and it's because it's a ridiculous, idiotic idea. Don't use them. They are OP.

Also, please lrn2grammar.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Rangrok1k

Post by Rangrok1k » Fri Aug 05, 2011 12:08 am

The Condemned wrote:FW is absolutely stupid. Their rules are terrible and their models are overpriced. The hornet id ridiculous. There's a reason GW doesn't have one in the Codex, and it's because it's a ridiculous, idiotic idea. Don't use them. They are OP.

Also, please lrn2grammar.
Agreed, to a degree. Forgeworld isn't really big on balance imo. Their rules, generally aren't very well done, and tend to be blatantly underpowered, or blatantly overpowered. For example, the Spectres and the Wasps. Spectres are completely inferior to bringing a Fire Prism, and the Wasps can assault from across the board. When you have a Walker assaulting past TAU RANGE, then you have a problem.

That, and they completely neglect some races. Necrons and Dark Eldar, I can understand. However, races like Tyranids annoy me. Why? Tyranids are one of 2 races WITH NO D WEAPON! It is so annoying. That, and I play Tyranids :P. But seriously, the best model the Tyranids have just has a ton of str10 shots (which is awesome, but I want Str D :cry: ). That and they really need to update Tyranids in Apocalypse (If you strictly apply 5th ed rules to Apocalypse Tyranids, the Hierophant has a 3+ invul save), but this is straying into GW's realm too and apocalypse in general.

Inactive? Maybe...

Farseer Oz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Farseer Oz » Fri Aug 05, 2011 1:15 am

Personally I only see FW models as fun painting and to sit in my display cabinet making my pants warm and fussy when I look at my army.

I have no real intention of ever fielding them, unless an apocalypse game came my way which it never has.
Eldar Biel-Tan 18,740 pts - 8,069 pts painted
Chaos Daemons 2,600 pts - 840 pts painted

jhym
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by jhym » Fri Aug 05, 2011 8:14 am

mmm...said like that ill reconsider it then
thx for the feedback peeps!
Necrons over 7k points

Horus Heresy

Treq2112
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Treq2112 » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:07 pm

negZero wrote: Horribly Overpriced, underpowered, and you need to buy another HQ just to field a legal army. The only thing that saves him is hes fluffy, and psyker that fits in perfectly with a wraithwall list.
I'll agree with you that it is overpriced, but under powered? I dont know about that. :?

As you might be able to tell I am a Wraithlord fanboy, :mrgreen: , I more love the model for the look not the rules, which i'll never play anywase.
If anybody tried to take the 2+ invuln on those I would suggest punching them in the grapes or neck if they are female-Joe
Treq you are now officially awesome x2-Falcon96
I give up my freedom to my job now but hey its what lets me buy my plastic crack-Noc

Rangrok1k

Post by Rangrok1k » Fri Aug 05, 2011 11:09 pm

Treq2112 wrote:As you might be able to tell I am a Wraithlord fanboy, :mrgreen: , I more love the model for the look not the rules, which i'll never play anywase.
likewise with me and Spectres....

Inactive? Maybe...

negZero
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by negZero » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:25 am

Treq2112 wrote:
negZero wrote: Horribly Overpriced, underpowered, and you need to buy another HQ just to field a legal army. The only thing that saves him is hes fluffy, and psyker that fits in perfectly with a wraithwall list.
I'll agree with you that it is overpriced, but under powered? I dont know about that. :?

As you might be able to tell I am a Wraithlord fanboy, :mrgreen: , I more love the model for the look not the rules, which i'll never play anywase.
Okay lets break down way its underpowered for 185 point model:

1)You need to field another HQ to have a legal army
2)5++ save isn't that good especially since you have a 1/6 chance of passing a perils test
3) Its big and slow
4)No IC rule == no meat shield :x
5) None of the psyker powers are that good
6)The suckest stat ever for a HQ ever
7) 3+ armour save on MC is useless since everyone with 2 working brain cells will fire AT guns at it, which usually have AP range of 1-3/

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zero » Sat Aug 06, 2011 1:39 am

negZero wrote:
Treq2112 wrote:

Okay lets break down way its underpowered for 185 point model:

1)You need to field another HQ to have a legal army
2)5++ save isn't that good especially since you have a 1/6 chance of passing a perils test
3) Its big and slow
4)No IC rule == no meat shield :x
5) None of the psyker powers are that good
6)The suckest stat ever for a HQ ever
7) 3+ armour save on MC is useless since everyone with 2 working brain cells will fire AT guns at it, which usually have AP range of 1-3/
This was unnecessary. The definition of underpowered is being too expensive for what it does, so it's not possible for a unit to be overpriced but not underpowered. Simple as that.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Rangrok1k

Post by Rangrok1k » Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:42 pm

Personally, I would field a Wraithseer in an Apocalypse game. If I could, I would just have the Wraithseer, 3 Wraithlord body guard, and 2 to 3 units of Wraithguard as more body guards. Then, just charge.

It is always entertaining to be immune to bolters :D.

(Note: This is probably far from practical, gameplay wise and budget wise)

Inactive? Maybe...