Dark Reaper Question

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Saphon
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Dark Reaper Question

Post by Saphon » Fri Mar 18, 2011 11:23 pm

Ok would some one please clear this up for me please

The Dark Reaper Exarch Tempst Launcher, does it fallow the rules for a barrage weapon or as a heavy two blast shot. The FAQ says its a barrage weapon but I know when I go to play in a tourn in June someone is going to fight the FAQ and say its a heavy two and not a barrage weapon

Dravo
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Dark Reaper Question

Post by Dravo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 12:20 am

It's a heavy 2 in that it can shoot twice, you can't move and shoot in the same turn, etc.

It shoots like a barrage weapon, meaning you don't need line of sight, you roll for scatter, etc.

I'm not sure why someone should argue about it: the rules don't conflict with each other.
Wacky humor.
Noice

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zero » Sat Mar 19, 2011 6:27 am

Dravo wrote:It's a heavy 2 in that it can shoot twice, you can't move and shoot in the same turn, etc.

It shoots like a barrage weapon, meaning you don't need line of sight, you roll for scatter, etc.

I'm not sure why someone should argue about it: the rules don't conflict with each other.
This.
You get to shoot 2 Barrage shots and you are also not allowed to move because it is heavy.
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Farnam91
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Farnam91 » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:00 pm

tempest launcher is a multiple barrage weapon. rules are on page 32 of the rule book

Dravo
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dravo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 3:21 pm

Farnam91 wrote:tempest launcher is a multiple barrage weapon. rules are on page 32 of the rule book
No, the Tempest Launcher is just a regular barrage weapon that can be fired two times with the heavy rules. If you read page 32, the first sentence under multiple barrages states that if a unit has more than one barrage weapon (not a barrage weapon that fires more than once), then they are all fired at the same time with the multiple barrage rules.

Technically, there are no 'multiple barrage' weapons, just units that have more than one barrage weapon. Seeing as only the Exarch in a Dark Reaper unit has a barrage weapon, and he doesn't hold two of them at the same time, the Tempest Launcher is fired as a regular barrage weapon.
Wacky humor.
Noice

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sat Mar 19, 2011 4:07 pm

Dravo wrote:
Farnam91 wrote:tempest launcher is a multiple barrage weapon. rules are on page 32 of the rule book
No, the Tempest Launcher is just a regular barrage weapon that can be fired two times with the heavy rules. If you read page 32, the first sentence under multiple barrages states that if a unit has more than one barrage weapon (not a barrage weapon that fires more than once), then they are all fired at the same time with the multiple barrage rules.

Technically, there are no 'multiple barrage' weapons, just units that have more than one barrage weapon. Seeing as only the Exarch in a Dark Reaper unit has a barrage weapon, and he doesn't hold two of them at the same time, the Tempest Launcher is fired as a regular barrage weapon.
Dear, dear.
Read Eldar FAQ
http://www.games-workshop.com/MEDIA_Cus ... dition.pdf
It says: "resolve them as multiple barrage".
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Dravo
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dravo » Sat Mar 19, 2011 5:42 pm

My bad :(
Wacky humor.
Noice