New forgeworld wasp assaultwalker

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: New forgeworld wasp assaultwalker

Post by evilgreenthing » Sat Feb 19, 2011 12:47 pm

dang, thats awsome
sincerely EGT

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zero » Sun Feb 20, 2011 2:40 am

Ariyaris wrote:As for "how to make a walker move 24" ? "
Well, notice how all eldar vehicles are light, slim, and made of wraithbone (material as hard as adamantine/ceramite composites used by imperium and extremly lighter than those used by imperium)
Then notice how all eldar have high-tech, and because of that access to high energy efficient engines and high-energy generators of compact sizes (meaning they can be carried in a small walker instead of titan or landraider-sized vehicle, and they can power the entire vehicle and it's weapon systems instead of just one thing and you need batteries/ammo for other things, which is the case with imperum and other species.)

Combine all of that, reverse all energy required for shooting to engines too and you get 24'' inch move, can't shoot, but may assault.
Why can't we do that for our Swooping Hawks and Warp Spiders then? They would be at least 3x lighter, so you don't even need something as powerful, that's just where I don't see it logical. Even Forge World haven't released a unit of guys that can move 24", I mean, what about the Shadow Spectres, why can't they just move 24" instead of JSJ?
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Corpsey
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...

Post by Corpsey » Sun Feb 20, 2011 8:54 am

just moving 24" is not the same as jsj. moving 24 implies speed, where jsj implies agility.

I think the 24" is a bit much though. maybe make it 18.

Warp spiders risk dying because they teleport through the warp, not jump-jet.
The Rule Monkey is always right. Always.

Chief
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall

Post by Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:07 am

30" of possible movement.
Faster than a Sonic Fighter (Valkyrie).
Faster than the standard Wave Serpent (which is designed for speed, instead of just having some engines strapped to the back).
Faster than a Raider (their Dark kin are just as high tech as they).

And Troops!
What, where did troops come into this?
If anything, they should be FA, or just an upgrade on regular War Walkers.

They could maybe move like jump infantry, like the furioso (it would still be silly, but at least it would have precedent).

opo368

Post by opo368 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:31 am

Chief wrote: Faster than a Sonic Fighter (Valkyrie).
i think you mean Faster than a Super Sonic Dropship (Valkyrie) :wink:

as for the actual unit i think its a little over the top awesomesauce, especially when compared to the original war walker.

However i would like to point out that although they are troops they are not scoring units and therefore cannot hold objectives, although they can still contest.

this is due to the fact that on pg. 90 it states that all troops are scoring units with several exceptions, being a vehicle is one of said exceptions and walkers are vehicles.
also known as: TheImmovableBagel
as well as: TheFlyingLandWhale

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:40 am

The Condemned wrote:
Ariyaris wrote:As for "how to make a walker move 24" ? "
Well, notice how all eldar vehicles are light, slim, and made of wraithbone (material as hard as adamantine/ceramite composites used by imperium and extremly lighter than those used by imperium)
Then notice how all eldar have high-tech, and because of that access to high energy efficient engines and high-energy generators of compact sizes (meaning they can be carried in a small walker instead of titan or landraider-sized vehicle, and they can power the entire vehicle and it's weapon systems instead of just one thing and you need batteries/ammo for other things, which is the case with imperum and other species.)

Combine all of that, reverse all energy required for shooting to engines too and you get 24'' inch move, can't shoot, but may assault.
Why can't we do that for our Swooping Hawks and Warp Spiders then? They would be at least 3x lighter, so you don't even need something as powerful, that's just where I don't see it logical. Even Forge World haven't released a unit of guys that can move 24", I mean, what about the Shadow Spectres, why can't they just move 24" instead of JSJ?

Wait for 5th or 6th edition of eldar :)
Then they might get the speed they deserve.
For at the time, eldar are pretty much inferior to everybody who got updated to 5th edition. And only in the fluff do we have "superior technology" while on paper/ in the battle... we're bearly sometimes using our own stuff to do something, and most of the units you can't even consider to put in the list cause they're too expensive for what they do.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

opo368

Post by opo368 » Sun Feb 20, 2011 10:56 am

well i wouldnt say they dont have the speed they deserve, i mean with starengines we can go 36" a turn with our fast, skimmer, tanks. i mean who else has fast skimmer tanks? the dark eldar are flying around in their raiders, we pull up a wave serpeant and multi-ram a whole formation of raiders and they go poof. :wink: even fire prisms are fast skimmer tanks, and those bastards have some pretty impressive firepower.
also known as: TheImmovableBagel
as well as: TheFlyingLandWhale

Chief

Post by Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 11:55 am

Mech Eldar are faster and more durable than Dark Eldar. The only thing of ours you lack is the cc prowess

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:24 pm

Chief wrote:Mech Eldar are faster and more durable than Dark Eldar. The only thing of ours you lack is the cc prowess
Eldar lack speed of Dark eldar. Some of their vehicles can move up to 36'' (or maybe more if i got it right from their codex? ) Also, they can move up to 12'' and shoot everything while Eldar cannot do such thing. As for Eldar to move 36'' , you must buy star engines, Dark Eldar don't have to do so with some of their vehicles/units.

So with them, moving 12'' and shooting everything isn't a big deal, but for Eldar it's either, move 6'' and shoot all OR move 12'' and shoot one weapon. (shooting defensive weapons after such moves usualy doesn't work since they're all 12'' range for Eldar)

However!
Mech Eldar are more durable.
AV front and side of 12 is great.
Holofields too :)

And as for close combat powers, well... we don't lack it. Eldar have their ways of dealing with close combat units.

Anyway, i think this all kinda moved away from the original topic, don't you all think the same? Cause we started to talk about other eldar units and this topic is about Wasp warwalkers .
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

itisI
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by itisI » Sun Feb 20, 2011 12:44 pm

Man those things look and sound awesome!

i really like the rules, but ordering from forgeworld is just a big no no for me.

man, i wish someone would make a tutorial on how to convert these. (wink, wink :wink: )
-eldar about 1500 pts
Imperial guard and Tomb king blog blog Here

Chief

Post by Chief » Sun Feb 20, 2011 1:45 pm

Ariyaris wrote:
Chief wrote:Mech Eldar are faster and more durable than Dark Eldar. The only thing of ours you lack is the cc prowess
Eldar lack speed of Dark eldar. Some of their vehicles can move up to 36'' (or maybe more if i got it right from their codex? ) Also, they can move up to 12'' and shoot everything while Eldar cannot do such thing. As for Eldar to move 36'' , you must buy star engines, Dark Eldar don't have to do so with some of their vehicles/units.

So with them, moving 12'' and shooting everything isn't a big deal, but for Eldar it's either, move 6'' and shoot all OR move 12'' and shoot one weapon. (shooting defensive weapons after such moves usualy doesn't work since they're all 12'' range for Eldar)

However!
Mech Eldar are more durable.
AV front and side of 12 is great.
Holofields too :)

And as for close combat powers, well... we don't lack it. Eldar have their ways of dealing with close combat units.

Anyway, i think this all kinda moved away from the original topic, don't you all think the same? Cause we started to talk about other eldar units and this topic is about Wasp warwalkers .
Our tanks, which shouldn't be moving much anyways, move 6" more than yours when firing, yes.
Our transports + Ravagers move 24" max, and can get an upgrade to move an additional 2D6".
All your vehicles move 24" max, and can get an upgrade to move an additional 12".

The only vehicles we have that can move 36” are the Void Raven and Razorwing Fighter.
So yeah, I’d say you’re faster than us.

Wyches, Harlequins, Incubi, Beastmasters, etc. > Banshees, Harlequins, Scorpions, etc.
You have ways of dealing with it, but we kick donkey at it.

I know this is a little off topic, but it really bugs me when I see people putting down the Eldar Codex as uncompetitive, or forced to use a specific strategy. It is a great codex, and deserves to be recognized as such.

The reason other units were brought into this is as a comparison point, we can’t say 30” is too fast without giving references to it’s speed compared to similarly classed, or similarly speeded vehicles in tabletop.

Paladin-Zebra
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Paladin-Zebra » Sun Feb 20, 2011 5:25 pm

well I just used some war walkers as wasps in a game yesterday and they turned out to be VERY OP. it was flying around the board spaming starcannons into any thing that moved and it ripped stuff up and i only had 1! the only down side was that it was constantly being harassed by bolter and getting glanced to hell and back

all in all its wonderful and i need MORE!
"If this was Facebook, I would have liked all of Paladins posts so far." -Dez
"pally is fairly awes-mazing" -BewareOfTom
"paladin zebra is an awesome paladin class zebra warrior" -Sniperfex

.Kevin.
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by .Kevin. » Sun Feb 20, 2011 7:37 pm

Paladin-Zebra wrote:its to expensive money wise since its like 50$ Can for 1 and all you get is an extendede hull and a little spire on the back(and i guess the guns are slightly diffrent but not notice able).

but still you can literally have an ALL VEHICLE ARMY!!!!!... except for a hero :P

this is going to make me go and get the 3 war walker kit and convert these.
Autarch on jetbike and no ones on foot ;b
Looking for another forum to visit aswell? Come help out me and my friends it's a tight knit community :) I appreciate it!
http://z13.invisionfree.com/WH40kEmpire
---
Blood Angels+Flesh Tearers Allied - ???? pts
W- 5| D - 1| L - 2

Zero
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Zero » Mon Feb 21, 2011 5:01 am

Paladin-Zebra wrote:well I just used some war walkers as wasps in a game yesterday and they turned out to be VERY OP.
This did not surprise me at all...

As for Eldar and Dark Eldar, Eldar aren't meant to be as fast as dark eldar, but faster than everything else, they are, however, meant to be more durable...
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

MrBenis
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by MrBenis » Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:15 am

Bwuh? One wasp against a player who was using BOLTERS instead of a single lascannon to kill it, and that makes it OP?

That totally overlooks the poor decision making of the SM player and doesn't cite any examples on what the wasp itself did.
http://gloriousmaths.blogspot.com/ - My collected thoughts on 40k and other topics.