Vehicle squadrons- shooting issue.

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Vehicle squadrons- shooting issue.

Post by Ariyaris » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:03 am

I was reading rulebook about vehicle squadrons shooting.
And i found most interesting part, it says, i quote: "When shooting, a squadron of vehicles fires all of it's available weaponry at a single enemy unit."
Since it has no stated limitations about movement speed and shooting i suppose it is either in conflict with rules about vehicles which limit your shooting capabilities when moving by cruising speed, or did i get it wrong?

Please go to your books, page 64. rulebook.
Check it out, say what you think or know.

If i got it right, it means vyper squadron may move by cruising speed and shoot (for instance) both of it's shuriken cannons each. ( ? )
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

BewareOfTom
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Vehicle squadrons- shooting issue.

Post by BewareOfTom » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:10 am

all of its "available" means what weapons you can fire, not all your weapons......
I have half a mind to kill you, and the other half agrees

"(Lebianism) is rather inefficient... there appear to be interface problems"
- Engelbart Kappa

Kidnapping? I call it surprise adoption!

BoyMac
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: RED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by BoyMac » Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:44 pm

BewareOfTom wrote:all of its "available" means what weapons you can fire, not all your weapons......
This could be up for debate for each of your reasoning and not have a clear victor. The use of the word "available" could mean the weapons that were not destroyed by the vehicle damage chart or it could refer to the amount of weapons you are normally allowed to fire according to how fast you moved. I would think that using RAW you can move as fast as you want and fire but I think using RAI you can only fire what you were allowed by the movement restrictions. I am siding with RAI.
Necrons: 6000+ points.
Blood Angels: 5000+ points.
Vampire Counts: 4000+ points.
Eldar: 3000+ points.
Skaven: 3000+ points.
Wood Elves 3500+ points.
Orks: 3000+ Points.
Imperial Guard: 500 Points.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sat Jan 29, 2011 3:20 pm

I am also more for RAI since RAW would be too overpowered.
And already vypers may move 6'' and shoot all, or 12'' and shoot one weapon (and those weapons aren't weak at all )
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Todda
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Todda » Sat Jan 29, 2011 8:13 pm

You would still need to fire based on directions the vehicles were facing, true line of sight for obstacles, different ranges (min and max) and firing capability of the weapons themselves (like Ordinance Barrage weapons can no move and fire...), and things like Stunned or Shaken...

Basically you can shoot at one target unit with all weapons you can legally shoot with. So a squadron of 3 Vypers could fire could fire 3 Shuriken Cannons at Cruising Speed and if they had Twin Linked Shuriken Catapults, they could fire all 3 sets of those too, as they are classified as defensive weapons. You still have to follow all the other rules too.

Other wise if you start reading too much into this then only one vehicle needs to be within range and/or line of site of its target and they all simple just move around so they get their shots off. This is not the case. The only thing that changes is you get to shoot through other vehicles in the squadron, ignoring them completely.
I made the move to professionally painting 3 years ago. I paint a good mix between speed and quality. This keeps prices low, like a typical 2K 40k army is under $500.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

Anima
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Anima » Sun Jan 30, 2011 3:31 pm

Yeah, if it moved at cursing speed, then one of the weapons isn't available to shoot, so it can't shoot.

It would be awesome if it were the other way around, but I side with RAI.
Craftworld Mal Ban, Feral Hunters of the Night - 4000 +
The Angels of Pestilence, Nurgle's Heralds- 2,000 +
Tau Renegades - 1,500
Wood Elves - 2,000 +