Shadowseer Quin squad

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
freddycatking
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Shadowseer Quin squad

Post by freddycatking » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:09 pm

Sooo I had this idea in my head. I'm personally not to crazy about most the Harlequin models, but I really like the shadowseer model. SO my idea:

Would it be possible... To make a squad of harlequins made up of mostly shadowseers like this:

8 quins, 8 kisses, 2 fusion pistols,
troup master with power weapon,
shadowseer
?

I would want each model to be different but I am not the best at converting so I'd need some tips. Like, is it safe to bend the medal on the arms and legs for different poses? What are other units that I could take from and use? (weapons and other shtuff) and basically, other tips and what you think of this idea and what you imagine them to look like.

Thanks!

EDIT: Also, 13 dollars per model is a lot, + buying other units to take stuff from will prolly add the whole thing up to like $200 dollars or something... Any ideas for this? I may be able to cut off some of the price by not using all shadowseers and buying from Ebay or something...
FERREADDAYCAETTKIENG (RAWR)

If I say Moo it means either that I like your idea, or that there is odd silence, or- (the rest of this has been removed do to the length)

If I run around flapping my arms like a chicken with emotion, it can mean many things.

Solid_Smurf
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Shadowseer Quin squad

Post by Solid_Smurf » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:13 pm

The harlequin squad is basically wysiwyg.
As for bending metal. I would cut, pin, and repair with GS before I would end an arm or a leg.
I might not be the best, but I've made who ever is quite nervous.
*recovering from games workshop*

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:15 pm

Solid_Smurf wrote:The harlequin squad is basically wysiwyg.
As for bending metal. I would cut, pin, and repair with GS before I would end an arm or a leg.
hmmmm ok. Any suggestion for model's accessories to use?

If I say Moo it means either that I like your idea, or that there is odd silence, or- (the rest of this has been removed do to the length)

If I run around flapping my arms like a chicken with emotion, it can mean many things.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Sat Dec 18, 2010 8:34 pm

This might be cheap and effective.

Dark eldar reavers have cool "shadowseer-like" helmets.
But them.
Buy dark eldar wyches (they should have one or two heads like that too)

And here you go, cool "Eldar Harlequins" with almost no converting skill and techniques required.

However, you can try to add cloacks made of green stuff, and/or change weapons. (though i don't know how tricky it is, so try it on miniatures you don't need before you start making it to your harlequins)

To make harlequin kisses (if you want models to have them ) take some green stuff, make small cylinder and in the middle of it's bottom, stick a piece of sewing needle you previously cut in pieces.

This should give you quite acceptable Harlequin kiss weapons.

This might be little bit expensive, however, from the leftovers you get a lot of "conversion material" if you get some new ideas.

I hope this helps. I find this the easiest and quickest way to make good-looking harlequins (if you dislike their current models).
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 10:17 pm

So, if I am to understand you correctly, you want an entire Squad of Harlequins to look like Shadowseers? So instead of brightly coloured, murderous, contortionist clowns, you want solemn, respectable, funeral procession clowns?
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:04 pm

Joe wrote:So, if I am to understand you correctly, you want an entire Squad of Harlequins to look like Shadowseers? So instead of brightly coloured, murderous, contortionist clowns, you want solemn, respectable, funeral procession clowns?
All depends on how yeh paint/convert them ^.^

I dislike the current clowns, mostly because I play ulthwe and they just don't seem to represent the sort of dark "dreamlike" state that a lot (not all) of ulthwe players go for... and Shadowseers do.

So lol YES EXACTLY =D
Ariyaris wrote:This might be cheap and effective.

Dark eldar reavers have cool "shadowseer-like" helmets.
But them.
Buy dark eldar wyches (they should have one or two heads like that too)

And here you go, cool "Eldar Harlequins" with almost no converting skill and techniques required.
I assume you're refering to those cool "no faced" helmets? that actually sounds like a cool idea, i may try that =)

Joe
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Joe » Sat Dec 18, 2010 11:11 pm

I see what you are saying... and honestly I am pretty sure I understood before, but I just wanted to say "brightly coloured, murderous, contortionist clowns", but with the fluff of Harlequins, they aren't supposed to look like the rest of your army. They don't belong to it, they are basically a traveling group of entertainers who can also kick butt.

It's kind of like with Space Marines and their Legion of the Damned. They don't have the same colour as the rest of the army, they just happen to show up to help from time to time. It's a very mysterious and unexplainable occurrence, that just happens to take place every time you field them.

I do understand what you mean though... so maybe you can find something in one of the Fantasy Elf lines that would fit better and then just slap them on a round base.
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

Azeebo

Post by Azeebo » Sun Dec 19, 2010 4:03 am

Clowns fit very well into ulthwe in terms of fluff considering Eldrad spent many a life time defending the Black Library which incidentally is what the harlequins are created to do.
HammerOfTheEmperor - Common users must take Azeebo in small doses, lest they get overwhelmed by his awesomeness

DrMasenkoSauce - You're the master of 40k. Everything you say in the matter is 100% correct

Rangrok1k - Azeebo...I love you

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Sun Dec 19, 2010 8:27 am

Well they would still be brightly colored (poipul and yewwow) but IF I was going to actually truly make a squad entirely composed of shadowseers, does anymore have more suggestions or and I just gonna have to do some *mmmcough cough cough* "TRAIL AND ERROOOOORRRRR!!!!"

?

Joe

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 19, 2010 10:35 pm

I don't know if this will help, but I was looking around the GW site for replacement models for Harlequins and there were possibilities for me:

Dark Elf Assassins
Wood Elf Wardancers
Wood Elf Waywatchers (if you can get rid of the Bows)
Dark Eldar Wyches

Check them out... who knows, it might work out for you.
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Mon Dec 20, 2010 10:26 am

Interesting ideas... I was just playing around with my shadowseer who lost his arm (the one with the staff thing... Aaaww...) And came up with a cool troop master. (pics in a sec... UNPAINTED!!! TO COLD TO SPRAYPAINT! =P)