Look who it is! Freddy's plan (erm list)

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
freddycatking
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Look who it is! Freddy's plan (erm list)

Post by freddycatking » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:33 pm

HI! (runs around the room flapping arms madly like a chicken in absurd joy)

So I have a COMPLETELY new plan for eldar (cept I'm still Ulthwe', no more paint layers =P so hard to choose these trukking colors)

Aaaand I have a list for you! (Haven't been on for a while moderators, I may do something against the rules here...)

Fred's within 18" oriented list (mostly close range units, the idea will be to swarm people with unexpectedly powerful stuff. Should work particularly well VS orks but I'm sure it also is good for killing other shtuff)

1975 points

***HQ*** -535 points-
Eldrad Ulthran
-----
Autarch: 92 points
Mandiblasters
Power weapon
Avng. Shuriken catapult
-----
5 Warlocks: 160 points
x5 destructor
-----
Wave serpent: 165 points
Twin linked bright lances
Shuriken cannon
Star engines
Spirit stones
Chainsabres
Stalker
Shadowstrike
-----
10 Striking Scorpions: 202 points
Exarch
Chainsabres
Stalker
Shadowstrike
-----
10 Harlequins: 282 points
x9 Harlequin’s Kisses
x2 fusion pistols
Troupe master
Power weapon
Shadowseer
Twin shuriken catapults
Bladestorm
-----
Wave serpent 165 points
Twin linked Bright lances
Shuriken cannon
Star engines
Spirit stones
-----
10 Dire avengers 152 points
Exarch
Twin shuriken catapults
Defend
Bladestorm
-----
Wave serpent 165 points
Twin linked Bright lances
Shuriken cannon
Star engines
Spirit stones
-----
10 guardians 95 points
Scatter laser
x3 Shuriken cannons
Wraithsword
-----
Wraithlord 100 points
x2 flamers
Wraithsword
-----
Wraithlord 100 points
x2 flamers
Wraithsword

So sorry for the weird format, it made a lot more sense when you could see the points of everything (basically copypasting this off my desktop =P) so tell me what you all think!

The idea here is this:

with the HQ I'm usually running two seers (or eldy thran and a seer) with 3 locks, so I wanted to try something a little new... Eldrad for the support (hang behind the assaulting units and cast cool stuff) and then the Autarch for a strategic platform (those striking scorpions will be happy with their reserve rolls) and ofc he just looks pretty in a dire avenger group or w/e

The elites are pretty simple, scorpions kill stuff, harlequins act as elite scorpions. they will both be getting the action at around the same time too. (turn 2-3 outflanking, about the same amount of time for running as close to the enemy as possible for the quins.)

Troops are there for a little bit of long range fire, I mostly only wanted the avengers but I had extra points and I needed extra guys for taking objectives/absorbing fire so I got the 20 guardians with the all helpful scatterlaser. (an option could be to split it into two groups of 10, take out a warlock from the seer group and add a scatter laser to the second squad? then I'd be slightly under 2000 points not over)

Fast attack, what can I say, 18 shuri-pult shots is fun. And with extra points I had, these guys can go three feat across the board to get laces fast (also making them pricey, but I didn't know where to put those extra points)

Heavy support is where the fun comes in. Each lord is 100 points exactly with everything on which is not also cheap, but easy to remember. =D They will basically act as tankbusters/swarm holdupers/guys with flamethrowers (ftw!) only problem you may have is wraithsight =(

So it needs some C&C, let's see what you all got

PS I'm changing the list a lot now with suggestions, so stuff you say may not be true anymore after 5-10 mins =(

PPS ALSO I may not change the list exactly after you gave me a suggestion so pwease be patient =(

PPPS EDIT: I now have 35 spare points after updating! Ideas?
Last edited by freddycatking on Fri Dec 17, 2010 8:37 am, edited 4 times in total.
FERREADDAYCAETTKIENG (RAWR)

If I say Moo it means either that I like your idea, or that there is odd silence, or- (the rest of this has been removed do to the length)

If I run around flapping my arms like a chicken with emotion, it can mean many things.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Look who it is! Freddy's plan (erm list)

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:33 am

You can remove defend from dire avengers. Since you have many mele units, dire avengers shouldn't see any close combat. They are "shoot and kill" units.
For the points of defend and points of twin linked shuriken catapults you can have twin linked eldar missile launchers on wave serpents as anti-tank (3 wraithlords with wraithswords won't be too good tank killers, especialy not against fast moving vehicles.)

Vectored engines are nice, although you don't need them too much, flatout and 4+ cover save from that should do the job to protect your Wave serpents. Star engines on vypers may be removed as well. 24'' flatout is just enough for whatever "flank" tactics you might want to do. So, remove something of that and for the points of defend, twin linked shuri-cannons and one of that (vectored engines or star engines) and put Twin linked bright lances on your Wave serpents and you should have with that good ranged anti-tank support.

Death jester is great, but in the unit that is so close-combat oriented, you really don't need him :) (this is something i dare to say being 100% sure it's true)

Chain sabres are cool looking, i must admit, but having S3 on exarch and only getting some bonus attacks and rerolls... it doesn't sound nor it is too cool.
Maybe against T3 units... but God forbid you get in close combat with space marines, your exarch will be almost useless. :(
Get either, scorpion claw or biting blade. Both are good.

As i see, warlocks do not have transport nor they're on jetbikes.
Get them either in Falcon or on jetbikes.

They may have invulnerable save, but it 4+ so only 50% chance on saving yourself, T3 , one wound and... only 6 models. They won't survive long to see close combat, at least not in 2000 point lists (and especialy not if the enemy has lot's of firepower)
So, Jetbike them or Falconise them :mrgreen:

I hope my advices were good, if not, someone more experienced will already correct me. :)
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Wed Dec 15, 2010 9:12 am

Ariyaris wrote:You can remove defend from dire avengers. Since you have many mele units, dire avengers shouldn't see any close combat. They are "shoot and kill" units.
For the points eldar missile launchers on wave serpents as anti-tank Sounds happy, some of this un-needed stuff I'm adding because I had the points and didn't know where else to put them. I also think that the wraithlords will be pretty good for at least some anti-tank, because a lot of people don't expect their move through cover rule so you can just, well move through cover... But I see what you're saying.

Vectored engines are nice, although you don't need them too much, flatout and 4+ cover save from that should do the job to protect your Wave serpents. Star engines on vypers may be removed as well. 24'' flatout is just enough for whatever "flank" tactics you might want to do. So, remove something of that and for the points of defend, twin linked shuri-cannons and one of that (vectored engines or star engines) and put Twin linked bright lances on your Wave serpents and you should have with that good ranged anti-tank support. also sounds good, I always liked having anti-infantry shtuff on the serpents but like you said there isn't a lot of anti-tank here.

Death jester is great, but in the unit that is so close-combat oriented, you really don't need him :) Ok, I see what you're saying... He'll shoot once, and then not do anything the rest of the game...

Chain sabres are cool looking, i must admit, but having S3 on exarch and only getting some bonus attacks and rerolls...
Just spotted that nick in the game mechanics, looks like I've been playing scorpions wrong. =( I think I'll give him the biting blade then so he still is attacking first. I like to wipe out enemy units before they do evil shtuff.

Warlock on jetbikes rant
They may have invulnerable save, but it 4+ so only 50% chance on saving yourself, T3 , one wound and... only 6 models. They won't survive long to see close combat, at least not in 2000 point lists (and especialy not if the enemy has lot's of firepower)
So, Jetbike them
Hmmm... I may not have the points. And if I put them with eldrad then they're gonna get a lot of shots onto them. I'll see if there's a way I can take out 1 lock and then put them all + eldrad into a falcon/wave serpent (whichever is cheaper)

I hope my advices were good, if not, someone more experienced will already correct me. :)
I'm da red in da quote

If I say Moo it means either that I like your idea, or that there is odd silence, or- (the rest of this has been removed do to the length)

If I run around flapping my arms like a chicken with emotion, it can mean many things.

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 12:54 pm

Instead of Eldrad, maybe you can save some points by putting ordinary farseer and also by removing one of your wraithlords. It should give you around 150 points free, which is enough for good Wave serpent or cheap Falcon. Whicever you like more.

Just a suggestion :)

Or replace them with 6 Wraithguard and walk with them alongside Wraithlords. It will draw fire and attention + you'll be able to pop-up tanks that dare to come too close, or seriously maim space marines that come too close.

This doesnt sound like much, but wraithguard can recieve a lot of punishment, also this means that your Wraithlords (since Farseer will be near) will automaticaly pass wraithsight tests + if enemy is stupid enough to shoot at wriathguard... the rest of your army will crush him/her. (valuable shots spent on something thats tough and is already ment to die)
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 1:20 pm

Hmmm, i did some math.
What you have there is 2500 point list.

Anyway i made something to save you the work.

HQ:
Eldrad
Autarch - mandiblasters + power sword + something for 10 points

Elites:
Striking Scorpions (exarch - shadow strike, stalker, biting blade)
Striking Scorpions (exarch - shadow strike, stalker, biting blade)
Harlequins ( Harlequin's Kiss, Troupe Master, Shadowseer, 2x fusion pistols)

Troops:
10 wraithguard + warlock (spirit seer) + conceal
2x Dire avengers (exarch, bladestorm, dual shuri.)
2x Wave serpent (spirit stones, tw.bright lance)

Fast attack:
3x Vypers (tw. shuri. cannon + shuri cannon + spirit stones)

Heavy support:
3x Wraithlord (wraithsword)

2500 points.

Fortune up the Wraithguard and give them better cover save from keeping Wraithlords and Harlequins around them.
Fortune up Harlequins later.

Doom enemy assaulted by Harlequins.
Guide Wraithguard when shooting with them.

Dire avengers and Vypers in combo should be nasty enough while Scorpions, in worst case, will hold the enemy until Harlequins or the Wraithlords arrive to finish the job.

[ if you don't have wraithguard, well, Christmass is very soon :mrgreen: and if you'd like to, buy them ]

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 6:09 pm

Drop 2 Guardians and stop being a cheese-cake!

Come on, who rights a list that is over the limit... the limit is a limit for the reason... because it is the limit!

;)

Looks fun, and deadly at close range, but I am looking at getting away from duplicate units.

Let us know how it works out... drop 2 guardians first though.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by evilgreenthing » Wed Dec 15, 2010 8:04 pm

looks like a fun list, when ever you manage to play it, post a battle report or something
sincerely EGT

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:11 pm

Joe, the guardians are 20 guardians including piolots for guns, not 20 guardians + poilots for guns, if that's what you meant =(

Ari, looks like you really worked hard for a bit =D

It's late right now so I'll have to read/edit stuff tomorrow. And before a battle report, I gotta buy the stuff too =(

See you all in a bit!

Joe
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by Joe » Wed Dec 15, 2010 11:14 pm

No, I realize they changed that in the 4th edition codex, what I am complaining about is your list of 2015 points.

This is not the first list I have seen that is deliberately over the point limit... why are you doing that? It's stoopid... yeah watching Robot Chicken right now.

So, to get rid of 15 points you can easily drop 2 Guardians.
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

evilgreenthing

Post by evilgreenthing » Thu Dec 16, 2010 12:09 am

I love robot chicken, and ya, do what joe says
sincerely EGT

freddycatking

Post by freddycatking » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:35 am

(runs around the room flapping his arms like a chicken in utmost happiness)

I was wondering how to get myself back to the point limit. Most people don't mind but mmkey.

ROBOT CHICKEN O.o (dies)

evilgreenthing

Post by evilgreenthing » Thu Dec 16, 2010 9:51 pm

drop two guardians, like hoe told you :mrgreen:
sincerely EGT

Joe

Post by Joe » Thu Dec 16, 2010 11:43 pm

Well that's the first time anybody has ever called me 'hoe'... with the 'e' on the end anyway.
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

evilgreenthing

Post by evilgreenthing » Fri Dec 17, 2010 12:23 am

lol. sorry about that :mrgreen:
sincerely EGT

Anima
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Anima » Fri Dec 17, 2010 7:31 am

You don't need the Spirit Stones on the Vypers. The squadron rules will automatically make Crew Stunned Results into Crew Shaken. Built in Spirit Stones!
Craftworld Mal Ban, Feral Hunters of the Night - 4000 +
The Angels of Pestilence, Nurgle's Heralds- 2,000 +
Tau Renegades - 1,500
Wood Elves - 2,000 +