New player needs help...

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: New player needs help...

Post by Ariyaris » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 am

Farseer is needed, also a wave serpent (or two) , i prefer falcons over fire prisms [ cause of 6 fire dragons you can transport with it ] but fire prisms are really really great choice.

I am sure people would like to see the pictures of your fortress.
Please be kind to show it to us :)

(maybe we can even provide you some assistance with it )
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:52 am

Then i think i gonna buy a wave serpent. What makes farseer so great? Not take this as criticize, it's so that i found many people think that to. I'm just curios :).i'm not finished yet, but tomorrow i can post a picture of how it looks now.
Please nerf damage of GW-prized minis.
Best regards the Wallet

evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by evilgreenthing » Sun Dec 12, 2010 6:42 pm

farseers are awsome because they help everything in the army out so much
sincerely EGT

Joe
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Participated in the Inaugural Painting PledgeHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.
Location: I sleep on the MWG floor, curled up with my mini's.

Post by Joe » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:30 pm

After buying the two boxes of Guardians, I would return those, and buy a Battle Force!

Since it doesn't look like you will listen to reason, go pick up a Codex.
If you're blue and you don't know
where to go to why don't you go
where fashion sits...
BLOOD FOR THE BLOOD GOD!

And that is why Kharn was cut from the original cast of Puttin' on the Ritz.

Eldar - 8000-ish
Space Marine - 1500+

evilgreenthing
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by evilgreenthing » Sun Dec 12, 2010 7:37 pm

or return them and buy to squads of avangers
sincerely EGT

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by respect92 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 8:23 am

So, wave serpent, dire avenger's and som melee. And a farseer?

Btw, here is some pics of my eldar fortress:
Best regards the Wallet

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Mon Dec 13, 2010 9:55 am

I must say that you did quite some job with that fortress :)
It looks beautiful and eldar-like :)
Is there a story about it?
I am sure people would like to hear it :)

Now about everything else.
Codex is a must, it will give you some info about what units can and can't.
As for guardians and dire avengers:
Guardians are defensive/support unit, you won't kill much with them (maybe a tank or two if you give them bright lance)
Dire avengers however, are offensive unit, they must be moved with wave seprent to the enemy, when they get there, bladestorm the enemy, and don't forget to use Doom on the enemy and Guide on Dire avengers before you shoot (there are cast by the Farseer). This will give you not only "too much attacks" :wink: but also, you will be able to reroll both, your missed hits and failed chances to wound the enemy. This usualy means that the targeted unit is wiped out.

(now you can also realise why Farseer's good, it boosts the potential of your unit)

By the way, you should think of transport as much as you should think of your units. Eldar are fragile and they don't wear powered battle suits nor exoskeletons like other species. They rely on speed and agility instead. So come quickly, kill quickly and move as fast as you can to get to the next target or to get some cover. That is why everybody speak of Wave Serpents. Sending most eldar units without wave serpent is like sending a boxer without legs to fight. He may have powerful arms, but he won't do much if he doesn't reach the enemy in time.
You primitives think you own the stars but you have no conception of what you are saying. You can barely command your own lumpen bodies, so how do you believe that you can subjugate entire worlds?

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Mon Dec 13, 2010 4:14 pm

Now i have bought the codex, i haven't read through the history so well. But the fortress has a story but on name(yet). If any have any suggestions, they are more them welcome. Prefereably something Eldar'ish. Well, here's the history:

On an unknown planet about thousands years ago. A small squad of young Eldar was on way to fight their first battle against a big horde of chaos space marines. When suddenly their ship-engines died. They have just enough speed to get to the closest planet. They steer against this white snowplanet. Their ship crashed into the snow. When the younglings walked out of the ship they saw the fortress. Here and there it had markins of war. But not from gunfight or tanks. It was from arrows, spears and swordes. They walked into the fortress, and what they saw there was a terrible scene. Overall there lay dead bodies. That bodies weared tall helmets and shining scale-armour. But not a single elv, yes, it was the proud high elves(How they comed their is still a mystery) was alive. But it wasn't only elves that lay there. At least five dead dwarfs for each elv had fallen for the shining spears and arrow of the high elves. The young Eldar couldn't watch this for long. But the oldest of them took command. They started to take away the bodies. Bury the elves and throwed the dwarfs over a precipice. When they were finished they contacted the mother-ship and told them what they found. They got new orders, put that fortress into service again.

This is all i know now. If you wonder something, please feel free to ask :) and again, any name-suggestions would be happy to get :mrgreen:
Best regards the Wallet

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Tue Dec 14, 2010 11:36 am

Elves, Dwarfs?

This kinda... jumps off from the 40k universe.
However, you can have "two" new species made up, put them in early age of metals and make them meet eldar.

Eldar are acctualy "Elf like"
While "Dwarf like" specie, Squats were "exterminated" by Tyranids ( While GW later removed them completely from the history of Warhammer 40k)

[there are many worlds, and many species on them, you can easily make them allies of Eldar who provide them technology and/or food and knowledge in return for their loyal service ]

Secondly, stone made fortress won't be good place to find cover from powerful laser cannon, plasma bolts, other energy beams or mighty projectiles that can level the entire buildings with ground in split of a second.

It has to be something futuristic, either rebuit remains of Eldar craft that crashed on that planet.
Or forgotten or new-made Eldar post.

Read the codex stories, they should provide you some basic idea about who and what Eldar are.

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 2:18 am

Okay, a few changes:

Change high elves to Eldar and dwarfs to chaos space marines. (If this isn't what you mean, just comment).

The next part of the story:

The first thing the Eldar did was to call for some building-materials. A big ship arrives a few days later with the material and some workers. The walls were repaired and covered all over with the hardest material the Eldar had. Not just this, they had some shield-generators to that was placed so the fortress was well protected. The ship also has some canons and two heavy weapon platforms.

A small update. If there is anything more, please comment. I would be gratefull to expand the fortress's history. And again i say that any name-suggestions is more then welcome:D
Best regards the Wallet

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:16 am

I assume you didn't read about eldar technology.

Eldar are powerful psykers. And during long period of time ( period far longer than several million years) Eldar found new types of matterials which can be manipulated by Eldar mind, which grow and act more like plants instead like unliving things.
Read this: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Wraithbone
And this too: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Eldar

This too: http://wh40k.lexicanum.com/wiki/Webway

Eldar rarely travel with ships over great distances. If they must, they will most likely bring Webway portal or build one. Then the will trough it send all they need from their Craftworld or Planet (in case of Exotidie-Eldar).

Secondly, When eldar go to war, they don't send unexperienced ones. Every eldar warrior is one of the best trained soldiers in the galaxy. Also, every eldar citizen is trained to be a soldier so he/she can fight in times of great need.

Reading about eldar first will give you how and what you should think of when making something about eldar.
However, if you wish things to be different, you can always make a "new craftworld" or just a new eldar culture. There are many worlds and many different eldar cultures, some more savage, some more advanced and noble. Who knows what you can find there in the galaxy in Warhammer40k universe :)

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 4:25 am

I will read through that pages. Then I gonna write a new story to my fortress so it not breaks against the history of the Eldar.
Best regards the Wallet

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:23 am

Your story base is very good.

Just some details have to be remade :)

Remeber, now every planet can be reached trough webway (reasons are many) So ship travel is sometimes needed. So the story is great acctualy [if i got your idea right] eldar ship crashed on the world when they were heading to the nearby world to fight the chaos ( they could be ambushed, or maybe some kind of warp disturbance pierced into our universe because chaos forces are doing something nasty), they are trapped on that planet, ship is damaged beyond repair, they convert the ship into the eldar base from the matterials from which ship was made.

Will it become later Eldar post, military base, maybe a city [or network of cities] if they choose to keep this world.
How the story acctualy went, what and who was encountered, what happened... it is up to you to share with us your ideas and set your imagination free. :)

( I hope i am helping you with this )

respect92
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by respect92 » Wed Dec 15, 2010 5:51 am

You've helped me alot. I'm thank you so much. With your help, the story gonna be epic. Almost everything i've wrote had was on my phone. So i gonna write the story sometime later. One more time: thank you :mrgreen:
Best regards the Wallet

Ariyaris
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Ariyaris » Wed Dec 15, 2010 3:24 pm

Your welcome, i'd love to see the complete story and i personaly like when people make stories.