1500 point list using 120 boyz

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
erratyk
Now we're getting somewhere...

1500 point list using 120 boyz

Post by erratyk » Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:38 pm

i was wondering if anybody might be able to help me with this,

i was planning on using ghazghull as my HQ
with 4 x 30 slugga boy squads with a nob in 'eavy armour in each squad with power klawz.

the rest of the points are up for grabs, essentially this army will be made for fun, and the general strategy for it will be to assault any army in turn 2, due to ghaz's 18 inch waaaagh.

i figure that many boyz with ghaz leading them will take out most infantry, all i need now is to figure out more heavy support with tank killing capabilities.

i was thinking at least 3-5 deffkoptas, any other help would be appreciated as i've never played orks before, and really wanna make a fun list.

Kleiner Zorn
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: 1500 point list using 120 boyz

Post by Kleiner Zorn » Thu Jan 14, 2010 10:25 pm

i tryed it... you wont have fun moving all the models.... but the facialexpression of your opponents makes it worth it :lol: :lol: :lol:

jlavisca
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by jlavisca » Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:59 pm

for heavy support maybe try flash gitz and battlewagons, ive used them both and flash gits in trukk can be very useful, while a wagons killkannon can wipe whole squads clean in one shot.

genso6
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entries

Post by genso6 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:28 pm

Deffkoptas, burnas/lootas/ and mega armor nobz
Fantasy
Throng of Karak Hirn: 1750 points
Men of the Ostermark: 2000 points
Orcs: 2000 points
Tzeentch WoC: 1500 points

Space Wolves: 2000 points
The Irongrad Renegade Alliance: 1250
Mordian 81st: 1000 points
Orks: 1250 points

Todda
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Todda » Fri Jan 15, 2010 8:44 pm

120 Boyz is fun. Add 3 Looted Wagons with Boomgunz. That should give you enough. If the vehicles are not Land Raiders or stay moving at Cruising speed or faster then they will get wiped out by the Boyz units instantly. Don't forget to upgrade 3 Boyz in each unit to a Rokkit. That is 12 Rokkits a turn... for an average of 4 hits!!! You could put 9 Killa Kanz with Skorchas instead of the Looted Wagons...
I made the move to professionally painting 3 years ago. I paint a good mix between speed and quality. This keeps prices low, like a typical 2K 40k army is under $500.

My painting services:https://www.facebook.com/toddabbottpainting

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Sat Jan 16, 2010 4:55 am

i think Deffkoptas would be fine
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

weirdboy
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by weirdboy » Sat Jan 16, 2010 1:47 pm

erratyk wrote:i was wondering if anybody might be able to help me with this,

i was planning on using ghazghull as my HQ
with 4 x 30 slugga boy squads with a nob in 'eavy armour in each squad with power klawz.

the rest of the points are up for grabs, essentially this army will be made for fun, and the general strategy for it will be to assault any army in turn 2, due to ghaz's 18 inch waaaagh.

i figure that many boyz with ghaz leading them will take out most infantry, all i need now is to figure out more heavy support with tank killing capabilities.

i was thinking at least 3-5 deffkoptas, any other help would be appreciated as i've never played orks before, and really wanna make a fun list.

1. make shure your nobs in the boy squads have a bosspole.
2.ghazghkull is kool and all but to me he's near werthles foot sloging becuss with mega armour he counts as *slow and purposeeful* special rule witch he gives to the squad he joings.so imo take a battlewagon with nobs and him or not at all.
3. agree out flanking deffcopas with twinlinke rokkets are grate for light AT or for anti infantry snikrot with kommandos are grate to.
warhammer40k army.
orks 2000pts
space wolfs 180pts

"we'er da best.think different do ya? coma and have'a go thin. yarunty little wimp!"-Gasgrakh.goff nob.

erratyk
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by erratyk » Wed Jan 20, 2010 11:55 am

thanks everyone, lots of great suggestions, i'll be sure to post my final list when it's done :)