advice on warboss conversion

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
orkysamurai
MiniWarGaming Regular

advice on warboss conversion

Post by orkysamurai » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:06 pm

Here is the deal, I have 3 assault on black reach sets of orks, so that means 3 warbosses, I'm 99 percent sure you can only field 2 warbosses. So I was thinking, I really don't wanna go to all the trouble of selling it, so maybe I'll convert it to something I can use like a trukk (so I can put a trukk in my karr so I can trukk while I karr). But after thinking a while, I don't think my warboss would make a very convincing trukk, you know, the whole having a gun and all. So then my friend said a nob, but we then agreed that would be a wierd looking nob.

So does anyone know a good idea for a conversion for my warboss, I was hoping something non hq, and hopefully an individual character. Any ideas would greatly be appreciated.

Ashran
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Completed a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: advice on warboss conversion

Post by Ashran » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:12 pm

Non HQ? Not really because he's too big.

An idea: take the Ork helmet banner from a unit of fantasy Black Orks and use it as his head.

Another idea: Cut off the guns in the holsters on his back, cut off the gun in his right hand and his power fist arm. Replace these bits with fantasy bitz, big axes, swords, and trophies, and use him as a fantasy warboss.
dreadlord is a bar of the fish of the friction
I literally cried -Khornate
My Brotha from anotha motha.
I love you every time one of these threads show up. -Jason
I submit! /cower -Mike Nixon

Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Loota » Fri Jul 03, 2009 10:19 pm

Yeah he's a bit too big for anything but a Warboss. You could always make him a Biker Boss, the AoBR Warboss just fits right on a Warbike.
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

kibatomu
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by kibatomu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:10 am

i was going to get 5 of the AOBR warbosses and just call then nobs with PKs and Kombi Flamers. if anyone said anything id just say if the nobs are this big just wait till you see the warboss. But realy in the fluff the orks get bigger as they age so just say there old/vets.
Raise the flag high. Let those degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:26 am

In the fluuf when they get that big they become a warboss

That's why that model counts as a warboss :P

kibatomu

Post by kibatomu » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:32 am

Ashran wrote:In the fluuf when they get that big they become a warboss

That's why that model counts as a warboss :P
then there just before becoming warbosses, maybe there still scared of there warboss
Raise the flag high. Let those degenerates know who comes to claim their lives this day!

falknerblitz
Lost in the MiniWarGaming world...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by falknerblitz » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:44 am

Actually in the fluff the biggest one is the warboss....so what you do is use the AoBr boss as nob bikers....then just make your biker warboss even bigger....or do what I'm doing and get the FW biker warboss :twisted:

Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Loota » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:50 am

That is true so if your AoBR Warboss as Nobs your real one must be huge!
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.

Armageddon
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by Armageddon » Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:47 pm

going a little off subject here but everyone knows Ork Warlord Ghazghkull Thraka, there is a 92% chance he is the biggest ork around.

but the normal warboss and Ghazghkull are more or less the same size, i saw somewhere that Ghazghkull Thraka is 16ft (Wikipedia i think), but when you put his figure next to a guardsmen he only looks about 10ft.

so the size of your nobs doesn't matter, although really they should be smaller than the warboss.
A good friend helps you up when you tip over, A best friend laughs and trips you up again :D
CPP wrote:Go full scale. :wink:
92% of teens have moved on to rap. If you are part of the 8% who still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature.

Tarnag

Post by Tarnag » Sun Jul 05, 2009 10:20 am

Check this out, when I got my huge bulk deal on all my Orks, which came with SIX AoBR Warbosses. I am fielding a KoS army, so I planned to field a grand total of no on foot warbosses. What I did with mine was:

2 Bikerbosses
1 Foot Warboss (just in case)
1 Custom Special character

And 2 that I haven't planned out yet. They are a great model, and a blast to convert, so let your imagination go wild with them.

Depending on your army composition, I would suggest making either a biker boss (mount him on a Deffkopta and add wheels) or a Mega Armoured Warboss (give him a plasticard exoskeleton).

KommandaDrew
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by KommandaDrew » Mon Jul 06, 2009 12:56 am

You could field him as the nob that leads a squad of boyz, since he has a PK and a Bosspole (I think), two of the most common wargear items on the nobz that lead boyz. Since he wouldn't be in a squad of other nobz, his size wouldn't single him out so much.
Or you could take his head and put it on a boy, because I have done this, and I know it makes 1 boy look really, really funny.
Or you might be able to do a bit of converting to make him into Badrukk, Zagstrukk, or or some other special character that leads mobz of certain units.
orkysamurai wrote:so I can put a trukk in my karr so I can trukk while I karr
If this is another Xzhibit/4chan reference, please spare any more of them you may want to post.
"I'm an Orkeologist." - Dez
"For a Tau Titan, you would have to call it an XV1337 or something like that" - Joe

orkysamurai
MiniWarGaming Regular

Post by orkysamurai » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:07 am

thanks for ideas guys, and the trukk karr thing isn't 4chan I don't think, my friend says it all the time, so I think it might be a youtube spoof video of pimp my ride. But I will infact stop making references to that site either way

Ashran

Post by Ashran » Mon Jul 06, 2009 10:49 am

What's so bad about 4chan? I've heard of it but I never exactly understood what it was besides some forum/social site..

chaos-killer
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by chaos-killer » Tue Jul 07, 2009 8:10 pm

maybe use him a ghazghkull thraka

put the nob head on him with the horns or something
2000 points of Dark Eldar