Tervigon - spawn termagaunt rule

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Tervigon - spawn termagaunt rule

Post by noograss » Fri May 11, 2018 12:11 pm

Hi,

Is it correct that with the spawn rule only the termagaunts armed with a fleshborer can be replaced.
E.g. a unit of 30 terma; 20 devore+ 10 flesh.
Only the flesh would benefit of the rule?

noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Re: Tervigon - spawn termagaunt rule

Post by noograss » Wed May 16, 2018 10:22 am

Hi,

It's indeed only the fleshborer that can be replaced otherwise it would be to OP :p.
always good to bring atleast 15 flesh with 15 dev to get some expendable models héhé

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Tervigon - spawn termagaunt rule

Post by Bojazz » Wed May 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Drat I must have missed this one or I would have responded sooner for you! Yes, unfortunately the way the rule is worded, you can only bring back gants which were originally armed with the default fleshborers. I'm not even a nid player and I wish you'd be able to spawn new fleshborers termagants to replace any that died regardless of which weapon they had before, but alas that is not the case.

Personally I've found 10 fleshborers and 20 devourers to be totally fin in games I've played against nids. Even if you lose a couple devourers it's not a big deal, as significant shooting is usually required to take out more than 10 in one turn, and that's shooting they're not directing at your more valuable units :P

If you're going to run a unit of termagants WITHOUT the tervgon (which is totally viable, and might even be considered "good" :O ), then 15/15 makes a lot more sense.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70