Eldar Escalation

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Lord-Of-Scotland
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Eldar Escalation

Post by Lord-Of-Scotland » Sat Feb 24, 2018 9:57 am

Hey
I’m just looking for what people think of my start to a 500 point escalation campaign and where I should go next. None have any ungrades. This is my first army outside the imperiam.

Outrider
Farsear skyrunner
3 Wind Riders
3 Wind Riders
Viper
Crimson Hunter

Any comments please share
Thank you
Ultramarines 9000 points
Deathwatch 2500 points
Imperial guard 2328 points
Orks. 1851 points
Fyreslayers 2000 points
Eldar Just starting

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Eldar Escalation

Post by Bojazz » Sat Feb 24, 2018 11:56 am

Looks like you're going for a Saim Hann theme, so I'll gauge my feedback based on that.

- The windriders are a very solid choice, but they should have shuriken cannons. Even with the Saim Hann trait that allows them to move and shoot with heavy weapons, the cannons are the west weapon available to them.

- Vypers are great at lower points games, but since you are playing escalation you'll start to see how less and less effective they are due to their extreme fragility. Around the 1000 points mark your opponent will start to have enough firepower to wipe even a squad of 3 from the table in one shooting phase.

- The Crimson Hunter is a bit wonky at this points level. It can't hold objectives, and at 500 points every unit is important. I'd suggest dropping it for now, but adding it into your list in later escalations.

- Shining Spears are pretty good in Saim Hann lists. The ability to advance and charge, re-rolling on a jetbike makes these guys really good. Throw in a warlock on a jetbike with the quicken power and these guys can literally cross the entire table and charge in a single turn.

- Falcons, Wave Serpents, Fire Prisms, and even Night Spinners are all solid choices, and fit into the Saim Hann theme.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Lord-Of-Scotland
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Eldar Escalation

Post by Lord-Of-Scotland » Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:22 pm

Thanks for the reply.

Set the 500 points in now with dropping the crimson hunter.

So just need to decide what to add for 1000 thinking of going for a battalion with wave surpents and a few more bikes. Still need to look at the numbers points wise
Ultramarines 9000 points
Deathwatch 2500 points
Imperial guard 2328 points
Orks. 1851 points
Fyreslayers 2000 points
Eldar Just starting