Been a while...

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
edsgotjive
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted an Entry for the first 'King of the Hill' challengeParticipated in King of the Hill

Been a while...

Post by edsgotjive » Sun Jan 07, 2018 6:51 pm

Wow, this is my first post here in a looong time! Got the Tyranid Codex for Christmas and am playing with some lists, but what are your favorite hive fleets rules wise? I am liking the looks of Hydra, Kronos, and Jormungandr(sp?) so far. I havent played in quite a while but the bugs look to be a much more shooty army than in previous editions. Biovores seem like they must be an auto-include, as well as dakkafex with enhanced senses and spore cysts. What are your favorite units and why?
Shop Smart...Shop S-Mart.

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Been a while...

Post by Ronin » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:44 am

Wow, Azeebo is back too. All the mods are returning? o_o

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Mon Jan 08, 2018 11:57 am

I'm interested to hear people's opinions on the new nids too. I also bought my friend the Nid Dex for christmas and I'm looking forward to seeing how they play!
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Post by noograss » Thu Jan 18, 2018 7:40 am

Hi,

I have mostly been playing Behemoth and jormungandr and currenlty trying to mix them. jormungandr is great to give terma an hint of hope to survive attacks (great with venomthrpes and catalysts).

I tried the combo pheromon trail + reserved genestealers ( using stratagem to place a jormungandr unit in reserve) and it works somehow . you still have to use a trygon/mawloc/ raveners to bring them up to.

Jormungandr listors + deathleaper is a nice 'combo' aswell.

Behemoth is just to make sure that the haruspex gets to close combat on the turn it comes on the board ( yeah tyrannocyte + haruspew ftw :D)

I haven't tried the other hives tho, kraken and leviathan will probably be next héhé.

I really like the artifact scythes o tyrant, my little prince is really happy with his ap -3 dmg3 + possibility of generating new attacks, i think it's one of the best there is.