[2000] Necrons

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

[2000] Necrons

Post by Ronin » Thu Dec 21, 2017 1:30 pm

So I have a personal challenge to win with necrons after a friend in the group has been struggling with them. I was wondering how this list sounds:

HQ
- Crpytek
- Cryptek

Troops
- Warriors (20 man)
- Warriors (20 man)
- Warriors (20 man)

Fast Attack
- Scarabs (4x)

Heavy Support
- 3x Heavy Destroyers
- 3x Heavy Destroyers
- 3x Heavy Destroyers

Dedicated Transports
- Ghost Ark
- Ghost Ark

Mach-Ten
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Re: [2000] Necrons

Post by Mach-Ten » Fri Dec 22, 2017 4:51 am

need an overlord or CCB in there ... to give MWBD to some destroyers. and maybe a Res Orb

also maybe drop one warrior squad to get more screening scarabs out front.

or Lose a ghost ark to get some more killing power ... no point surviving if you can't kill anthing

I mean it's a decent attempt at our only castle ... and one I'm trying to build for my next match .. I don't have 9 heavy destroyers but normal destroyers should shift out the troops and elites that will charge at you.

Ronin
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: [2000] Necrons

Post by Ronin » Fri Dec 22, 2017 3:20 pm

I'm not a huge fan of MWBD to be honest. The problem with the ability is it's not an aura like Space Marines. It benefits one unit, but the unit has to be huge to really have an impact. I think if they made it an aura, I would be much more tempted to take it. At this point, there's not much you can really do until the codex drops and points get adjusted. I'd love to squeeze Zandhrek in there so he can shut down opposing auras.