Hive Fleet tyranids

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Hive Fleet tyranids

Post by noograss » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:01 am

Hi,

Can I have a mix of fleet ?
like if i have two detachements, can they be of different hive ?

that would be awesome :D

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: Hive Fleet tyranids

Post by Bojazz » Sat Nov 11, 2017 11:51 am

I haven't seen the tyranid codex yet, but in every other codex so far the subfaction rules have been per detachment. I could field an Ulthwe detachment and an Iyanden detachment in the same army, and each unit would gain the perks of their respective craftworlds (but not both). So assuming the tyranid codex follows suit with the rest of the codices so far - yes you should be able to field two different hive detachments in the same army :)
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Post by noograss » Tue Dec 05, 2017 5:23 am

you can assign a hive Fleet to any detachements thus having on SPreadhead Kronos and Battalion leviathan

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 am

Pffft. What's fluff, anyway? GAME BREAKING RULES FOR EVERYONE!

Ranged tyranid detachment? You get this fleet! Melee alpha strike element? THAT FLEET!

*sighs* Think I'm going to be taking a pass on all future matched play/competitive events until 40k no longer feels like CCG/HeroHammer.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

SweetSorrow
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by SweetSorrow » Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 am

Koonitz wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:31 am
Pffft. What's fluff, anyway? GAME BREAKING RULES FOR EVERYONE!

Ranged tyranid detachment? You get this fleet! Melee alpha strike element? THAT FLEET!

*sighs* Think I'm going to be taking a pass on all future matched play/competitive events until 40k no longer feels like CCG/HeroHammer.
I mean, theres always the fluffy players that Will take all of their own detachment and not mix and match for the best. I.e I usually always Run Saim-Hann even on my non-bike lists cause thats the Craftworld (well, sorta.) I selected. Of course I can relate to not being overly fond of the min-maxing this can lead too :/
The Stars Await, Let us now wander together.

Well then, this is rather entertaining
Chaos Marines - 5,000
IIIIIIIIII

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Dec 05, 2017 1:28 pm

SweetSorrow wrote:
Tue Dec 05, 2017 10:58 am
I mean, theres always the fluffy players that Will take all of their own detachment and not mix and match for the best. I.e I usually always Run Saim-Hann even on my non-bike lists cause thats the Craftworld (well, sorta.) I selected. Of course I can relate to not being overly fond of the min-maxing this can lead too :/
Way I see it, if you want to min-max by taking different detachments with different hive fleets/chapter tactics/et cetera for optimal rules, you will be treated as such by this narrative gamer. No, you ain't WAAC, but you're pretty close in my eyes.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Akaitsuki » Thu Dec 07, 2017 3:28 pm

This constant bitching by people such as yourself is so off putting. Live and let live my friends. If you enjoy a certain type of game that's great, if I enjoy a different type of game that's great. We do NOT need to play each other if we don't enjoy the other's view of what counts as 'fun'. We could choose to RESPECT that people are different and have a RIGHT to enjoy what they enjoy as long as it doesn't cause harm to others. There is little need to grab the tiki torches and start judging each other over it.

I have friends that enjoy fluff battles and others that enjoy tournament battles. I can certainly enjoy both, but if you ask me what I build my lists for? I build for themed armies. Neither focusing on fluff nor on WAAC. I'm sure there's MANY other players such as myself that build for a theme. Within my theme I do try to make it as good as possible. I posted a "Warriors" list, where I run a ton of Tyranid Warriors that's the theme, so I look for the best option for Warriors and Leviathan Hive Fleet seems like a great fit so thats what I played it as. Had a ton of fun playing that against a 'fluff' player that ended up being tabled yet the game was just as much fun as it would've been versus a more competitive player.

No judgement needed. Seriously.