New Necron Player

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Mcaquiggins
Now we're getting somewhere...

New Necron Player

Post by Mcaquiggins » Thu Sep 14, 2017 9:01 pm

I am fairly new to the game and looking to collect necrons in the future. Is there any tips you guys can offer for a new player or army builder. Like what units to avoid right away or ones to purchase.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: New Necron Player

Post by Koonitz » Fri Sep 15, 2017 12:19 am

Go for what you think is cool.

Other than that, we quite simply cannot offer you any advice as of yet, because we don't know anything about you, your preferred play style (other than "Necrons"), your likely opponents, the type of meta you play in (super casual for fun, a mix, super competitive, tournament style, et cetera), and other significant information that will dramatically influence what you may want to buy.

But, beyond all that, what I can say is something I already said. "Go for what you think is cool". If you do not play in a super-competitive meta and are starting to collect because you think it's cool and want to have fun playing games and telling stories, then it shouldn't matter what you get, at least at the start. Except maybe don't start assembling and painting that expensive centerpiece model unless you're already an experienced modeler and painter. Start by practicing on the simpler models where mistakes and poor paint jobs can be hidden by numbers, or sacrificed due to low cost.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Mcaquiggins
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: New Necron Player

Post by Mcaquiggins » Fri Sep 15, 2017 3:42 am

Thank you that is definitely a good place to start at and is I think the most broad perspective to begin the hobby.