How to use Flash Gitz in Detachments?

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Justiceinator
Bronze Vault Member

How to use Flash Gitz in Detachments?

Post by Justiceinator » Sun Aug 20, 2017 1:29 am

I have recently gotten into 40k collecting Orks and have been trying to build some 8th edition lists for my armies using detachments and what not. However I was wondering how do you incorporate Flash Gitz without having to use them in an auxiliary detachment? As far as I am aware each unit in a detachment of Orks have to be from the same clan to be valid but Flash Gitz have no clan keyword. Does this mean I cannot include them in my clan detachments or am I able to have an Ork detachment with no clan keywords?

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: How to use Flash Gitz in Detachments?

Post by Raschier » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:16 am

You are able to include units without a clan tag, but they don't benefit from buffs that only apply to units with a clan tag, like the warboss buff for example.

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Dheiti » Sun Aug 20, 2017 2:27 am

A detachment needs to share at least 1 keyword, so you can have them in any ork list as they all have the keyword 'ork'

Currently clans only affect certain auras - eg zagstruk will only grant his aura to GOFF stromboyz. But I can well imagine when their Codex comes out that clans will add a lot more flavour.
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

Justiceinator
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Justiceinator » Sun Aug 20, 2017 5:25 am

Thanks for that, I didn't realise the clan keyword had much other use. New buffs with the codex certainly makes things more interesting however.