Flyrant with deathspitter or bonesword

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
noograss
Bronze Vault Member

Flyrant with deathspitter or bonesword

Post by noograss » Sun Jul 23, 2017 4:56 pm

hi,

I used to play flyrant with twinlinks, now that 8th edition is out, the twin link is off.
What are your thoughts on flyrant with two set of deathspitter vs bonesword and whip ?

My next game will probably be against orks, we play 62 power for the moment. I'm wondering if the flyrant would be viable or should i swap or add a swarmlord ( which i really enjoyed :D)

Dheiti
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Flyrant with deathspitter or bonesword

Post by Dheiti » Sun Jul 23, 2017 5:36 pm

They each have their uses in my opinion

If you want any ranged firepower, take a flyrant. Variety of guns, fly keyword for shooting if you need to fall back, some psychic.

If you want a cc based, take the swarmlord. Hive commander ability is awesome, beast in cc and psychic too.

That's not to say you can't take a cc flyrant - the movement addition gives a good threat range.

They're my thoughts on it anyway :)
Armies:
Tyranids
White Scars
Death Guard
Harlequins

lordpathos
MiniWarGaming Regular

Re: Flyrant with deathspitter or bonesword

Post by lordpathos » Sun Jul 23, 2017 7:31 pm

Just remember, if you go with all ranged weapons you're missing out on some solid CC. Sure there is the Swarmlord but he is a high priority target.

A solid option I'm going to be using is Deathspitters and Monstrous Rending Claws. MRCs are free on the Tyrant and are nasty. Cheap and mean. Insert "like my ex" joke here.