Ork warboss in mega armour seems a bit steep ?

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Aveitmofo
First post! Good job, now post more...

Ork warboss in mega armour seems a bit steep ?

Post by Aveitmofo » Mon Jul 10, 2017 8:29 pm

Hi people ,
I was building my list when i came across a strange point value. It says that the Warboss in mega armour comes with no war gear and i take that as it comes with no klaw or shoota but when i roughly worked out the cost of mega armour by comparing the cost of a nob to a meganob the points difference between a Warboss and a Warboss in mega armour just don't make sense to me. Any thoughts? i'm a bit confused could it just be a mistake ?

cheers

SpartanMyth
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Re: Ork warboss in mega armour seems a bit steep ?

Post by SpartanMyth » Thu Aug 17, 2017 4:17 am

This is in part because a warboss in mega armour gains some stat buffs iirc wounds and toughness? And as he has to take a power klaw grade weapon that's where his cost comes from when it compounds with his stat line
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

darkninja107
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Ork warboss in mega armour seems a bit steep ?

Post by darkninja107 » Tue Sep 26, 2017 5:59 pm

It is pretty steep, but you are paying for the extra wound and the increased Armour Save.

The strange thing to me is that you don't have the option for the free Attack Squig with the Mega Armour version. You can get a regular Warboss with a Big Choppa, Kustom Shoota, and Attack Squig for half the price. You won't get the attack penalty from Klaws and this makes him really good at killing other medium Toughness characters. Or you can pay extra for the PK attacks stats and have him be good taking out high toughness targets.

Heck, even the Warboss on a bike is cheaper and moves faster and gets the extra Wound AND Toughness.

So I guess GW puts a lot of value on 2+ saves.