1000pts Necron Tournament List

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
zigginator
Now we're getting somewhere...

1000pts Necron Tournament List

Post by zigginator » Thu May 26, 2016 8:12 am

Hi all,

First of all sorry for the Necrons, I promise I chose my army before I knew the cheese.

Now that-that's solved. I played my first tournament a couple weeks ago, the lists where in house compilation only 750pts. It was supposed to be a newbie tournie so I didn't take the friend maker attachment (reclamation legion, decurion). The winner of said tournament took the friend maker....

So what happened was I lost a lot of games.... For many reasons. That aside I'm entering another tourney in a couple months 1000pts, the only rules are no unbound and the rest as normal.

So this time I don't want to make friends just war... Here's my list.

Reclamation Legion:
Overlord 80pts
Immortals x5 85pts
Warriors x10 130pts
Warriors x10 130pts
Tomb Blades x3 54pts + Nebuloscopes 6pts

Destroyer Cult:
Destroyer Lord 110pts
Destroyers x3 120pts
Destroyers x3 120pts
Destroyers x3 120pts

That brings me to 955pts.

Questions;
Do i drop the Nebuloscopes for a Heavy Destroyer? Or what wargear for either lord should i purchase?
I'm lacking high strength weapons, is Gauss enough to do the job?
Should i take an Annihilation Nexus (410pts) instead of the Destroyer Cult(470 pts)?

Cheers.

slowhandgreg
Silver Vault Member

Re: 1000pts Necron Tournament List

Post by slowhandgreg » Thu May 26, 2016 9:50 am

I borrow my mates Necrons sometimes and run the following as a base

6 Wraiths whip coils Destroyer Lord with invisibility staff Orikin (Kynoptek harvest)

The rest as CAD and go for 5 man Immortals Gauss squads in NightScythes points permitting

The whole thing is geared round making the wraiths nigh on unkillable 3++ re-rolling 1's then 4+ and you can buy the destroyer lord funky armour I do believe to make it a 2+ re-rollable armour save Orikin then goes into super mode as well.

So you have 12" movement Fearless Preferred Enemy (re-roll 1's for attack / wound) and a chance at Zealot from the warlord table.

As a life choice it will make you very unpopular but hey it will batter fry and dice your Decurion suggestion anyday ;)

zigginator
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by zigginator » Fri May 27, 2016 5:09 am

Hey mate appreciate the suggestion.

From memory all the crazy staff choice's are from the 6th edition codex? The Canoptek Harvest is a good choice though it is vulnerable if the Spyder gets killed or left behind.
I do have concerns about flyers also.
Taking CAD with immortals in flyers is dope + a destroyer lord is awesome though. Totally thinking about doing that! Thanks.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Fri May 27, 2016 9:49 am

Remember to ensure you post army specific threads in the appropriate sub-forum. This should be posted in the "Xenos" section.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch