Picking a Ork klan

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.

What klan should I make my ork army around?

Blood Axes
17%
Evil Sunz
No votes
Bad Moonz
25%
Freebotaz (Pirate theme)
58%

Total votes: 12

TauDroneController
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Picking a Ork klan

Post by TauDroneController » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:33 pm

So I've been offered to buy some Orks of a friend so I'm thinking about starting a Ork army.
But I've got no idea about what clan I should paint them as. Also I really like theamed armies so I would probably build my army around my colourscheme.
So I decided to make a poll, what klan should my ork army belong to.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Re: Picking a Ork klan

Post by Kovlovsky » Sat Aug 29, 2015 4:54 pm

I voted for Freebootas! YAAAAAARRRGH!!!! I love Baldrukk and Flashgitz models! I have also a very large interest into Kommandos which are a typically Bloodaxe specialty. It all depends on the gameplay you want to experience.

The Goff are close combat centred and are known for their large numbers of Nobs and Meganobs. They prefer to be fighting on foot and smashing humies heads.

The Bloodaxes are tactically skilled, often wear camouflaged equipement and use looted humie tanks. When they orkify a looted wagon, it will usually look more rationally modified than other clans, but still ramshackle. They love to infiltrate Kommandos and other kunnin' tactics.

The Deathskulls are all about Meks, lootas and looted wagons as they are thieves. Sperian here on the forum has a magnificent array of really beautiful looted wagons and other vehicules on his WiP thread. You should check it.

The Evil Sunz are all about speed and painting your vehicules red because :
Da red wunz go fasta!
If you want to go with a Trukk Boyz, bikers and Wartrakks theme, go for them.

Bad Moons are the rich merchants of da Boyz. They are rich so they usually have a lot Battlewagons, Mega armors, Big Meks with fancy weapons, Flashgitz and other expensive things like Stompas. Freebootas are often associated to the Bad Moons because they are rich.

I hope it will help you make your choice. Also, keep in mind that orkish clans aren't formal to the point they only accept to fight with orks of the same clan. When a Waaagh! emerges, the warboss will frequently recruit from many clans at the same time. Mono clan armies exist too, but you have the right to make a multi-clannic army if you want to.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

TauDroneController
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TauDroneController » Sat Aug 29, 2015 5:19 pm

One idea that came to mind while reading this is a army theamed around freebootas coming from a Blood Axes klan and jeep the more militarised and tactical look and tactics but becoming more pirates. It would probably be a very colourful army with olive green and light blue as the primary colours and using tons of imoerial guard bitz to militarify the Flash Gitz type of units and lot of green stuff to piretify the other kits. I'm already really inspired, but of course this is quite a project and its going to take some time to start since Im already working on a Tau Empire army, so Im still open for more advice.

Lucio
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Lucio » Sun Aug 30, 2015 4:05 pm

A Clan is not exactly the same as a Space Marine Chapter... In a Waaagh!! there's normaly members of many different clans involved, no need to concentrate on one...

balangaz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildHas Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by balangaz » Sun Aug 30, 2015 6:39 pm

I made my orks Goffs but since I have lots of vehicles, and on special miniatures like bikes, I tend to go heavy on the red. Like Lucio said above, in a WAAAGH!!! you can choose a main theme and just paint some pieces differently.
Oi, ya git! Get ya lazy arse roight into our Group Builds! Be da best Mek and loot all da pieces!

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Aug 31, 2015 5:09 pm

BAD MOONZ IS BEST!!!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

rollplayinggamer
MiniWarGaming Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Post by rollplayinggamer » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:01 pm

Dez wrote:
BAD MOONZ IS BEST!!!
^ this :D
40k armies:
'Nids Hive Fleet Mantis 2000+ pts
Ork Goffs / Orks 1700+ pts
Ragnar Blackmane's Great Company 600+ pts

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Aug 31, 2015 9:04 pm

Only if you like yellow which is unfortunately, not my case for me. In small touches, it's a cool colour, but I'm not overly fan of it when large parts of miniatures are painted yellow. It's one of the reasons why the Imperial Fists never really interested me.
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

TauDroneController
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TauDroneController » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:45 am

Sperian wrote: Do you know specifically what models your friend has to sell you?
The models are the Ork minis from assault on black reach+ a box of Stormboyz.

TauDroneController
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by TauDroneController » Tue Sep 01, 2015 12:49 am

I've always thought that the Bad Moonz are cool and all and I think they look really good but their lore have never really captured my imagination. But, I think they look really cool. But, so does Evil Sunz and Freebootas and I really love the idea of Blood Axez. But, I'm starting to think about combining klans in my army.