Orks for an escalation Campaign

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Orks for an escalation Campaign

Post by Devedor » Wed Aug 19, 2015 2:35 am

All righty guys and gals of MWG, I'm looking to build an Ork list for the S/O for an escalation campaign my LGS is holding. We're running multiple campaign turns at 750, 1000, 1500, 2000, 2500, and a massive apoc game of 3k per person with 5 people. (so a total of 15000 for the game) unless we divy it to 2 sides, but that's up in the air right now. SO the list I wrote up is the formation in the Ork book that lets you Waaagh! every turn, and I'm wondering if 1: the list I wrote is legal, and 2: if it's viable in our campaign.

The armies are as follows:

Necron Wraith list
Eldar Wraithbone list allied Deldar
Mechanicum w/knight
My Vostroyan Firstborn allied inquisitors (going to run a baneblade)
and her Orks.

Here's the 2500 list.

Hq:
Warboss 130
Mega Armor
Cybork Body
Da Lucky Stikk

Mek 15

Painboy 55
Cybork body

Troops:

Boyz (12) 162 x6
Boss Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw
Trukk
Boarding Plank
Reinforced ram

Gretchen (10+1) 35

Elites:

Meganobs (5) 345
Bosspole
Dedicated Battle Wagon
Boarding Plank
Reinforced ram
Grot Riggers

Burna Boyz (12) 242
Trukk
Boarding Plank
Reinforced ram

Fast Attack:

Warbikers (10) 120 x3
Boss Nob
Bosspole
Power Klaw

Dakkajet 150
Red Paint Job
Additional twin-linked supa shoota
flyboss

Heavy Support:

Mek Gunz (5) 195
Gretchin x2
Ammo Runt
Smasha Gun

I plan on breaking up the big list into the smaller points games so we don't have to buy misc. units to fit into the smaller lists.
Never knows best

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 30&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Orks for an escalation Campaign

Post by Koonitz » Wed Aug 19, 2015 9:17 am

Sperian wrote: this list is not battleforged if you intend to use the ork warband formation. If you are playing unbound you can take any units that you like, however to be battleforged your list needs to be to be made up entirely of formations.
Not true. Formations may be taken in an unbound army list. The specific difference between battleforged and unbound is that, in a battleforged list, all models must be part of a DETACHMENT or formation (they are different things). In unbound, detachments are not allowed and models are not required to be part of a formation (ie: You can take any model, however you like).

Yes, you may take an army that consists of only formations and it can count as either battleforged or unbound. MWG did a very insightful rules discussion video about this very thing in the vault. If you are a vault member, I recommend looking it up.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Wed Aug 19, 2015 10:52 am

Have to look at my Ork book, but doesn't the WAAAGH formation require 10 mobs of Boys?
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Lucio
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Lucio » Sat Aug 22, 2015 4:36 am

I asume you mean the 'Orc Warband Formation' ?

To be battleforged, your army is lacking 2 troop-choices. All the troop-choices you have so far are in the formation. To bring other stuff, you need a detachement as well, probably a combined arms detachement... and for that you need an HQ (your painboy) and two more troop choices.

Why do you give your Painboy Cybork? I mean he has FNP(5+) anyway so giving him FNP(6+) as well doesn't make much sense to me.