Da NEW Ork Taktika!

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Gloomdready
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Da NEW Ork Taktika!

Post by Gloomdready » Mon Apr 27, 2015 10:59 am

grotbikerboss wrote:sounds like fun! badruk gets tank hunter for being in the squad?
Sadly not.
But what he brings is ap2 shots, which makes the unit a bit more versatile, if faced by 2+ armour infantry and will also add the +1 on the vehicle chart for his shots, which can make the difference.
Only thing Badrukk humself is useless against is armour 14 vehicles, like landraiders. But the rare landraider, that exists in my meta won't have much of a chance against what the tankbustas bring. In that case Badrukk just tugs along, or separates from the unit and shoots as something else, if the situation allows. :)

As I said I normally use Badrukk + Tankbustas to hunt light to medium vehicles, dreadnoughts, bikes and Space Marineish infantry.

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:22 pm

And also you have an extra character for the mob rule. What do you guys think of using a maxed out loota mob an puting it in a battle wagon with bigmek in mega armor for slow and purpsfull?
orks!

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 1:27 pm

grotbikerboss wrote:And also you have an extra character for the mob rule. What do you guys think of using a maxed out loota mob an puting it in a battle wagon with bigmek in mega armor for slow and purpsfull?
Don't you think it would be more economical to take instead 14 Lootas and take the Mek as an upgrade for the Lootas? Because the Big Mek in mega armor would be a bit wasted if he's just there to repair the Battlewagon. I'm not playing Ork for the time being, but I may do it in the future since I ordered the Stormclaw's Warboss. In short, I'm learning. :)
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:17 pm

The mega armored big mek is there because of his ample sholders so the mob can rest their guns on his back to aim beter while the wagon (that the mek made with a plethora of "pipes ahn thing" to be used as monopods) is in movement... (gives slow and purposeful so you can move 6 and shoot hevy wepons at full BS)
orks!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:24 pm

grotbikerboss wrote:The mega armored big mek is there because of his ample sholders so the mob can rest their guns on his back to aim beter while the wagon (that the mek made with a plethora of "pipes ahn thing" to be used as monopods) is in movement... (gives slow and purposeful so you can move 6 and shoot hevy wepons at full BS)
I don't think a Slow and Purposeful character can grant this rule to a squad he joins. It only makes them loose the ability to run as long they are joined.

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:30 pm

Oh I thought it was one of those rules that began with "if a unit contains one model"
orks!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:32 pm

grotbikerboss wrote:Oh I thought it was one of those rules that began with "if a unit contains one model"
I'm pretty sure it doesn't but I may be wrong. I don't have the rulebook right now, I will dig about it tonight.

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:37 pm

So you are telling me that I can't join a mega warboss to a squad of mek guns and move them up the table shooting kanons with T7 and the luky stik and an ever present grot to take the look out sir?... Sad day (I'm not a good person) I'd did smell cheesy. I'll check the rule. And nobody ever do that... You play orks to have fun not win at all cost
orks!

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:40 pm

That would be awesome to model! Warboss with chains draging the mek guns
orks!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:46 pm

I digged a bit into the internet for what is worth for and there is a debate about it. Some say it's not supposed to give the ability to fire at full balistic skill while moving to the unit that is joined by an independent character with the rule and that it only limits their mobility while others say that the wording imply that they all get to shoot on the move with full ballistic skill.

However, the consensus seems to be that the vehicule rules override Slow and Purposeful so embarked slow and purposeful units will shoot in snap fire if the vehicule they embarked in move at cruising speed and not at all if the transport move flat out.

With rule book it will become clearer.

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 4:51 pm

I expected the debate with SP but ditint expect vehicle rules truping special rules... Isn't that what special rules are for. Oh well I haven't done it and probably wont so... Back to ork taktica!

Arent tank bustas just the best!
orks!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:08 pm

After rereading the Slow and Purposeful rule, I'm now siding with the ones who think that joining a special character with that rule in a unit which doesn't give them the benefit of Slow and Purposeful. But these benefits doesn't apply to them when they are riding a vehicule. In short they would still snap fire if it moves more than 6 inches.

So if you keep your lootas foot slogging with Mek in Mega armor, they would be able to advance while shooting at full balistic skill with their Deffguns, but there won't be any benefit in a Battlewagon. I found this on DakkaDakka where they though to the same combo and people concluded it wasn't working in a vehicule http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/po ... 60178.page.

Someone on this forum also asked the same thing for an Eldar/Dark Eldar combo and it ended with them concluding that it wasn't working http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... Purposeful .

If they remove one day the restriction of Chaos Space Marines characters joining deamon units and vice and versa, I will stick a foot sloggin Exalted Flamer of Tzeentch with a TS squad. It has a S9 AP2 Heavy D3 weapon and a Strength 7 AP3 Heavy 1 template weapon. That would do a lot of damage, but unfortunately, it's not possible yet :) .

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Mon Apr 27, 2015 11:50 pm

But if I recall correctly th nurgle mount (csm) gave the lord slow and purposeful so... Havocs? With mark of nurgle...
orks!

Kovlovsky

Post by Kovlovsky » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:01 am

grotbikerboss wrote:But if I recall correctly th nurgle mount (csm) gave the lord slow and purposeful so... Havocs? With mark of nurgle...
That would have been awesome, but no. It gives +2 wound, +1 attack and the Bulky special rule. Unfortunately, it doesn't give Slow and Purposeful (or fortunately if you want to be assault centred).

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Tue Apr 28, 2015 7:50 pm

I just read the links you posted and it looks like you can move 6 in the battle wagon and shoot full bs if slow and purposeful is granted. What you cant do is move more and shoot anything other than snap fire... I always end up arguing rules :cry:
orks!