Da NEW Ork Taktika!

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Jantu
Now we're getting somewhere...

Re: Da NEW Ork Taktika!

Post by Jantu » Tue May 19, 2015 3:25 am

A little new to Orks here and I was taking a look at the bikerz. What are opinions on the regular bikerz and how would one best strategically use them?

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Tue May 19, 2015 11:47 am

If I'm corect (don't have my codex with me) the only option on bikes is the mob and the quantity. A nob with a bos pole is important because the mob rule can save the small unit with a reroll. And they are basicly mobile shoots boys on steroids (more steroids) shoot everything that moves, if you have enough anti-infantry (wich you would, being orks and whatnot) then you can go for armor 10 transports or even 11, and you could go for MC hunting wounding in 5and 6 most times (in my meta). Generaly anything had to kill flood it with dakka.
orks!

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Wed May 20, 2015 1:29 pm

You can also charge low strength (low model count "nondeathstar") units to wipe them out, the unit has chopa and slugga so they have 4 strnth 4 atacks on the charge pls hammer of wrath, (the only problem is your low model count) but hi T and armor 4 mitigates going last. If challenged deny (and have the nob in the back) you need the nob for the mob rule (small unit and whatnot). Alternetively a small unit (3 or 4) with a poweclaw nob with bosspole and go tank hunting jinking all the way (3+ because of the +1 of moving flat out). Deff coptas could also be used this way since they have 2 wounds and scout (and can be equipped with buzz saws).
orks!

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Tue May 26, 2015 1:02 pm

Just had a funny idea, the wrecking ball is a shootin wepon, and the truk is fast... So you can move 12 park it beside a flier and let loose with the truks roket and the wreking ball! And take out a flyer with a wreking ball because ork nonsense!

The problem would be reaching the hull with that range 3
orks!

GLUG5
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by GLUG5 » Thu May 28, 2015 1:17 am

this is something I would like to point out about the orks, in almost all armies things are getting cheeper and cheeper (points wise)but the orks points cost is actualty going up, like take a quick look of a 3rd edtion codex pdf file and youll notice things are cheaper (this probally wasn't the place to post this but I didn't know where to post this(and this article said orks))
Blood angels (first army) 22ish points 0% painted
Chaos Space Marines(second army) 1000ish points 60% painted
Orks (third army) 1000ish points 100% painted
Dark Eldar (fourth army) 700 points 85% painted

I paint slowly but when I do.......

it sucks

grotbikerboss
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by grotbikerboss » Thu May 28, 2015 11:26 am

That's kinda true. And they're not nesesaraly geting better.
orks!

Cecil824
Silver Vault Member

Post by Cecil824 » Fri Jul 10, 2015 4:44 pm

So..I've been playing around with Ork lists for a minute and I found something I'm especially proud of. Putting a squad of lootaz with 3 meks and a big mek with the Fixa Uppaz inside of a Gorkanaut. Things an immortal walker unless they explode it, or manage to get 5 glances/pens in a single turn. We're talking 3 5+ hull point regens, the it will not die 5+, and the 3+ from the fixer uppa. I'm trying it next game to see how it works. I also think it'd work equally well in a Stompa/Morkanaut/Battlewagon.

What do you guys think? Good combo? Any other ideas for good combos?
Heroes become legends. Legends become myths. Myths become fantasy.

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Fri Jul 10, 2015 5:29 pm

A gorkanaut can only carry 6 models.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Cecil824
Silver Vault Member

Post by Cecil824 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 12:36 pm

Bojazz wrote:A gorkanaut can only carry 6 models.
You're correct. However, Lootaz are 5 model squads, 3 or which can be swapped to meks for free. Attach a big mek with Da Fixa Upperz and you've got 3 5+ repair rolls, and a 3+ repair roll. You can also take Grot riggers for the It Will Not Die roll. Grot Oilers deserve a mention if you've got points to spare.

To highlight. Thats 6 models, and 5 different rolls per turn to ensure survivability of your Gorkanaut or whichever transport you place them in.

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Sat Jul 11, 2015 2:00 pm

Ahh, whoops! I thought the meks were in addition to the min squad of 5 lootas. I've really gotta read through my ork dex again T.T

Well in that case it sounds neat! It seems like a lot of points to spend on trying to keep a single vehicle alive, but it also sounds like a lot of fun. And lets face it, when you're playing orks, you're playing to have fun!
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Cecil824
Silver Vault Member

Post by Cecil824 » Sat Jul 11, 2015 9:13 pm

Bojazz wrote:Ahh, whoops! I thought the meks were in addition to the min squad of 5 lootas. I've really gotta read through my ork dex again T.T

Well in that case it sounds neat! It seems like a lot of points to spend on trying to keep a single vehicle alive, but it also sounds like a lot of fun. And lets face it, when you're playing orks, you're playing to have fun!

Couldn't have said it better myself boss! :D

Death-in-Jest
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by Death-in-Jest » Fri Jan 08, 2016 5:49 pm

And playing Orks is the only proper way to play 40k. Unless you have a proper beaky player who likes proper bashing games. :mrgreen:
WAAAAAAAGH.

Loota
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge

Post by Loota » Wed Feb 07, 2018 1:27 am

Playing Orkz is the only way to enjoy 40k as well all know. Shooting is the way to go still yeah?
"Loota, the little goody-goody boy who likes to stay on-topic and only plays Orks because they make him feel like a bad-butt"-Jombo

"I nuke posts like it's 2012"-Asrodrig

Visit my Youtube channel: Lootaful
Yeah Loota was taken.