orkin style[footslogging 7th]

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
mouser04
MiniWarGaming Zealot

orkin style[footslogging 7th]

Post by mouser04 » Mon May 26, 2014 3:09 am

although they screw us southern peeps around with the fed ex didnt delivered our rulebooks like everyone else did SUCKS KA DONKEY DONK BUTT

i hoping they dont screw up orks
hoping they will improve the waaagh rule better
and furiuos charge at intiative 2 suck buuut take it as what gona get

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: orkin style[footslogging 7th]

Post by gorefangz » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:24 pm

while furious charge does suck right now for orks, with the much anticipated new ork codex, i think we are going to be seeing some improvements on our base units, with a 6+ fnp and choppas giving +1str on the charge giving our boys str 5 on the charge, and all the new and nice units, i think this is going to be a good one. i want to see what they have done with the wierdboys.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

phatonic
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Sat Jun 14, 2014 7:33 pm

Well furious charge is gone from the orks according to the flash gitz rules in the white dwarf... but it's said that we will be getting the Choppa rule like in fantasy. we have to wait and se :P
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!

OrkAddict
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by OrkAddict » Sat Jun 14, 2014 8:04 pm

I'm just hoping that we won't be Da next big cheese. I want this new ork codex to be strong, but not cheese. (except when it comes to challenging in assault phase, I want orks to have a special rule to counter that. Why would my Nob with Power Klaw cower behind the ork boyz? Thatz messed up...)
Running With Da WAAAGH!!!

phatonic
Ribbons Earned: Won a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by phatonic » Sat Jun 14, 2014 9:32 pm

OrkAddict wrote:I'm just hoping that we won't be Da next big cheese. I want this new ork codex to be strong, but not cheese. (except when it comes to challenging in assault phase, I want orks to have a special rule to counter that. Why would my Nob with Power Klaw cower behind the ork boyz? Thatz messed up...)
Orks never been cheese and never will be... else.. how are GW going to sell all those space marines? orite they aint cheese that's why they made knight battlebrothers for the imperium :3
BE THERE KILLIN' BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE DAKKA BE THERE TEEF, BE THERE 'UMMIES? NO TEEF I TELL YEH! BAD FER BUISNEZH!

OrkAddict
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by OrkAddict » Sat Jun 14, 2014 10:27 pm

phatonic wrote:
Orks never been cheese and never will be... else.. how are GW going to sell all those space marines? orite they aint cheese that's why they made knight battlebrothers for the imperium :3

True. Which I kinda enjoy how a 4th edition codex can beat a 6th edition codex. The only army that gives me a problem is necrons. Which my friend that plays them knows what I like to bring so he completely tailors his list against mine. Not trying to get into a rant, but I just like the old fashion way... tons of boyz and nobz and powerklaws. And I can't forget my big mek with Kustom Force Field.
Running With Da WAAAGH!!!

GarDakka

Post by GarDakka » Sun Jun 15, 2014 6:30 pm

Personally I'd love Orks to be the next big cheese.

I've stuck with my Orks from the start and after the disappointing Tyranids codex (my secondary army) it would be nice to see the Orks top of the pile for a change.
Apologies if I talk positively about games that I enjoy.

gorefangz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:19 am

While i am so excited for the new codex, i think that the current codex (4th ed) was easily one of the best, if not THE best codex ever written. both in terms of flavour and overall staying power. what i mean is that it was a 4th ed codex, and it has never dropped to anything less than a good all round army. the old necron dex got nerfed from 4th to 5th and so got a new dex. old tau had some decent options but unless you were a pro strategist and knew the codex like the back of your hand, you werent doing much with them. but the ork codex has stayed strong throughout 4th 5th 6th and now 7th. they werent the strongest army by any means, but they definitely were not slacking. the only difference is that certain units got nerfed and others buffed through the editions. while in 5th trukk spam was amaing, in 6th, hull points rendered that almost impossible, so then came in the lootas and big gunz which dominated. now well just have to see if the 7th ed codex is up to snub, which im sure it will be. anyone know who is writing our dex?

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Mon Jun 16, 2014 9:59 am

It's GW design team. From the sounds of the White Dwarf multiple people are working on the models. Not sure if one person lead the entire endeavor though
Writer/Programmer

gorefangz

Post by gorefangz » Mon Jun 16, 2014 10:04 am

yah, not that i think about it, the most recent books have been written by multiple people. im pretty excited about the fluff they are making for the new book. ork fluff is always the best.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Mon Jun 16, 2014 11:16 am

Matt Howell is in charge of the design team for the Ork book.

I think it was the weakening of Trukks (a mainstay of all my lists) that caused me not to play Orks much in 6e.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!