New Ork Player wh40k

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
whit
MiniWarGaming Beginner

New Ork Player wh40k

Post by whit » Tue Apr 29, 2014 8:19 pm

I am a new ork player for wh40k and I have the battle box and lottas and nobz. I just want to know some suggestion lists or ideas. Everything helps - thank you

gorefangz
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: New Ork Player wh40k

Post by gorefangz » Wed Apr 30, 2014 12:22 am

boys are nice, lootas are going to be very nice, 15 - 20 in almost every list is recommended, and i personally love warbikes, fast and tough. stormboys with zagstruck are often very nice, a little hit and miss, but then again most good ork units are a little hit and miss. lootas may get a bad game and roll 1s for every d3 for number of shots. either way, lootas, boys, and the rest is up to you.

P.S. why is this in necrons...
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Wed Apr 30, 2014 9:14 am

*Cranks up Tellyporta Array*

Moved!

I have to disagree concerning Stormboyz, tons of points that are easily killed and kill themselves as well.

Your salvation lies in Lootaz, Dakkajets and Battlewagons :) Nob Bikers are still great, and Shootaboyz.
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

Donteatrawhagis
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:04 pm

I have multiple lists I run for fun.

Weird boy
War boss
Big Mek
Mad Dok

I have yet to take multiple HQs. Thraka looks alright on paper but he is a major point sink.

List usually boil down to this:
Hail of bullets - lootas, dakkajet, deff koptas, Warpheads, big guns, and shootas
Hail of blows - nobs, sluggas, trukks and battle wagons. Warboss
Ap3 - Tankbustas, looted wagons, sluggas, Grots, deffkoptas, Killa kans and big Mek Shokk attack gun with burna.
Ap2 - flash gits, big Mek with Shokk attack gun and power claw, big guns and battle wagon.
Mad Dok crazy - lootas, Grots, shootas, and mega nobs. All Cybork.
Writer/Programmer

Jelas
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Jelas » Wed Apr 30, 2014 5:08 pm

Seeing as you now have some bikes and a trukk, I would say go for a speed freeks army.

Get some More Bikers, get a Battlewagon for the nobz and use the lootas for fire support.
Get lots of trukks for squads of sluggaboyz, make sure the nob has a powerklaw. Also get some units to hold objectives, like some gretchin?
Necrons do not have fun, they do not like fun. However, they have found out that their C'tan gods HATE fun. So the necrons go out into the galaxy, find fun, and flay the crap out of it.

Dark Eldar- 1750 W5/L1/D1
Orks- Gettin' started

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 01, 2014 9:44 am

$100 worth of Grots is a good investment. Gets you two full squads because they we so cheap.

2 x 30 grot squads
3 x 20 grot squads
6 x 10 grot squads

Always fun.

I'm against Speed Freak lists on principle. Due to their over use in my area in the tournament scene.
Writer/Programmer

Codyroo
Silver Vault Member

Post by Codyroo » Thu May 01, 2014 2:32 pm

Orks should be getting a new codex in June or July (if the rumors are true). In the meantime, I would purchase some boys, lots of boys, at least 60 boys. Kit them out half as shootas, half as sluggas/choppas. You will always need boys and thankfully, boys are awesome!
I Krump! I Waaagh! I Krump Again!

whit
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by whit » Thu May 01, 2014 6:40 pm

me and my brother were thinking about getting grot tanks whats your opinion on these and were could I find the rules also should we build them or buy them from forge world
Last edited by whit on Sun May 04, 2014 10:27 am, edited 1 time in total.

Donteatrawhagis

Post by Donteatrawhagis » Thu May 01, 2014 7:52 pm

whit wrote:me and my brother were thinking about getting grot tanks whats your opinion on these and were could I find the rules also should we build them or buy them from forge world?
Search forge world grot tank rules. They are on their main site.

Can also double as well as a looted wagon I guess. I don't know they're scale.
Writer/Programmer