Colour Scheme

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Concreteus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Colour Scheme

Post by Concreteus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:46 am

Hi Guy,s

I'm starting a new Dark Eldar project and thought I'd get your opinions before I get to far into it. I know there is a painting sub section but I prefer to ask the players rather than the painters.

So here's my sample, what do you think?

gorefangz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Colour Scheme

Post by gorefangz » Wed Jan 01, 2014 5:20 pm

Those look incredible. love the mix of colours. personally i like to stick to fewer colours because i find that when you are painting a bunch of small parts all different colours, i cant do it for too long. and i see you have reds, blacks, browns, whites, silvers, purples, blues, greens, and i think i also see some bone on that guy, so if you are up for it, it will continue to look incredible and will look that much better when you have a fully painted army like this.
i am in no way dashing the paint job or scheme, i am merely thinking about your sanity.
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 6:09 pm

The rusty red...is that red with a bunch of black wash over it? Looks good.

Color scheme looks good. Only thing is the purple on the face shield seems a little out of place, not sure why. Otherwise, like the gritty feel of it.

Concreteus

Post by Concreteus » Wed Jan 01, 2014 7:45 pm

Nappen wrote:The rusty red...is that red with a bunch of black wash over it? Looks good.

Color scheme looks good. Only thing is the purple on the face shield seems a little out of place, not sure why. Otherwise, like the gritty feel of it.
The red is actually a mix of blue and red followed up with a wash and then 2 more shades of different red as a highlight.

As for the purple someone else has told me this as well and know I'm left with trying to work out a new way to do the face shield. That colour if I'm telling the truth has me stumped a little bit.
gorefangz wrote:i am in no way dashing the paint job or scheme, i am merely thinking about your sanity.
Thank you for your concern with this. Normally I would also only use a few colours but as I have a long time before I have to use these in a game I thought I'd put a little bit more effort in than I usually do.

If people are o with it I'll continue posting my progress on these otherwise thank you for your support :)

gorefangz
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by gorefangz » Wed Jan 01, 2014 8:24 pm

as for the purple helmet, i think you coul just make it a red tint instead of purple, you could simply paint it how you would any silver, with all your highlights, then just go over it with a layer of "bloodletter," the gw glaze. it is literally made to do exactly what you are doing. it will also be much smoother and shouldnt darken anything, just tint it red. i think that will be nice with the red armour
All Orks is equal, but some Orks are more equal dan uvvas.

Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Wed Jan 01, 2014 9:27 pm

I was thinking the same thing about the red glaze over silver.

won't need it for that many wyches, but if you get jetbikes, they all have the face shield.