Tournament Advice-Swooping Hawks

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Concreteus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Tournament Advice-Swooping Hawks

Post by Concreteus » Fri Aug 02, 2013 2:06 am

Not my type of force but on the subject of the hawks I usually run 2 units of 6 in my typical 1850 list. I find 2 units of hawks better than 1 unit as you can pretty much guarantee that one of those grenade packs will hit. Plus with 2 units placed exactly where you want them you can set up the charges for their haywire grenades for the next round.

GusMortis
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by GusMortis » Thu Aug 08, 2013 2:06 pm

I think you are lacking responses because, hawks sucked so bad in the last edition that no one had bought any, and because of that not many people would have fielded them in current addition lol. If your having problems with kroot hunkering down in trees, infiltrate striking scorpions and flush them out. Tau players will throw everything they have at scorps so they can be a very effective bullet sponge, but with low toughness you have to try and get a fortune on them so they can actually make the huge load of saves they will be forced to make.

Back on topic, I would say 2 squads of six should mangle anything hidden in cover. You could always use marker lights to wipe out the cover save and decimate them with the vypers. It is a tough call though.
Eldar 6000
Dark Eldar 1450 pts
Want Orks or Salamanders

Concreteus
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Concreteus » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:08 pm

Glad to hear that the Hawks worked well for you.