DE and Tau allies

If it ain't human, and it ain't from the warp, then it must be Xenos.
Nappen
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

DE and Tau allies

Post by Nappen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:48 pm

I was thinking about the story in the codex when the Tau were "helped" by the DE and started to wonder about a fluff based coven army with tau allies (or I guess it should really be the opposite).

What would be a good combo. I was thinking urien and grots for cc and hammerheads or battlesuits for longer range AT.

Any thoughts?

Jag
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Re: DE and Tau allies

Post by Jag » Tue Mar 05, 2013 8:53 pm

oddly enough, the fluffy setup in the codex sounds to be the best one to run. wracks, grots and hami's too tie up people and then use the tau as fire support.
Army - Wins/Losses:
Trollbloods - 22/2
Mercenaries - 4/0
Cygnar - 3/1

Nappen
Ribbons Earned: Won a monthly Terrain Group BuildWon 3 monthly Terrain Group BuildsMASTER BUILDER! Won 5 monthly Terrain Group Builds!Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entryHas Completed 3 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 10 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 15 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 20 Terrain Group Build entriesHas Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' EntryWon the second 'King of the Hill' challengesWon the third 'King of the Hill' challengesAwarded the Awesome Medal of Awesomeness!

Post by Nappen » Tue Mar 05, 2013 9:08 pm

I just love the story of the tau looking on the field and seeing the grots and realizing what they are...

eNi
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryRED FLAG: Failed to complete a Challenge.

Post by eNi » Tue Mar 05, 2013 10:19 pm

Nappen wrote:I just love the story of the tau looking on the field and seeing the grots and realizing what they are...
Yeah i really liked this part of the fluff.

I also got to tease and laugh at my Tau-playing friend :P
My grounds. Where screams are flowers, and pain their fragrance
-Are any of these people available for questioning?
-Not unless you want to stick your head down a tyranid's throat and shout "anyone at home?"

Work In Progress

Zero

Post by Zero » Wed Mar 06, 2013 2:57 am

Be sure to paint your models with a blue tinge!
What matters creative endless toil
When, at a snatch, oblivion ends the coil?

My awesome blog of awesomeness.

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Wed Mar 06, 2013 6:14 am

Thanks, I would have forgotten that.

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:22 pm

Hedonismbot wrote:Zero, stop dwelling out in the chaos section all the time and come hang out with us more.
Hmm... I guess I could pick up my Dark Eldar again. I've only had a couple of games with them since 6th hit, but I do kinda feel like playing them again...

Nappen

Post by Nappen » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:26 pm

synergy is even more important now:)

Zero

Post by Zero » Thu Mar 07, 2013 6:29 pm

And Hellions don't seem as impressive either, which is what really put hole in my enthusiasm. But Grotesques and the Archon look much nicer, which I definitely like.

Zero

Post by Zero » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:14 am

I'm not really fussed about the Agoniser on the Archon because I never used it. It's the Huskblade I like. And yeah, I was going to run him with Grots anyway.