HELP... plague marines

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
totsyrocks
Now we're getting somewhere...

HELP... plague marines

Post by totsyrocks » Sun Sep 23, 2012 7:17 am

Ive been collecting word bearers for about 2 years and my plan was to start a death guard army list when the new codex coame out... but ive heard that plague marines arent troop choice's anymore... But ive also been told that if my warlord has the mark of nurgle that i can use plague marines as troop choice... i dont know if this is true or not so can anyone help me please.. :) thanks a million...

Dez
Spends far too much time here...
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: HELP... plague marines

Post by Dez » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:08 am

Nobody really knows until the codex comes out. I wish I did, I have some gun conversion ideas I want to work on!
PAINT FOR THE PAINT GODS, SPRUES FOR THE SPRUE THRONE!!!

SpartanMyth
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting Pledges

Post by SpartanMyth » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:12 am

The rumour is that mark of nurgle gives you one of them as troops where as typhus completely unlocks them.
My WIP. Please comment as they help my motivation :) http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 26&t=77583

6th Edition tally
Orks: Win 11 Loss 1 Draw 0

Chaos Space Marines: Win 13 Loss 4 Draw 0

Magnus01
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts

Post by Magnus01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:07 pm

The rumour is their a lord with mark of nurgle can unlock a single plague marine squad whilst typhus can unlock all plague marines as troops. That applies to all lord and their marks and the other named lords dedicated to a single mark (I.e. Ahriman unlocks all rubrics as troops, Lucius unlocks all noise marines as troops and Kharn unlocks all bezerkers as troops) .
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Dez
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Took part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:26 pm

Marks for Nurgle, Khorne and Slaanesh on Lords make their Cult choices into troops with no restriction. Sorcerors with the Mark of Tzeentch make Thousand Sons troops.

Magnus01

Post by Magnus01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:29 pm

I didn't actually know that. That's very convenient.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 02, 2012 3:38 pm

The info you have on the characters is also correct.

Typhus unlocks Plague Marines, but he can also make Cultist units Zombies. The Zombies lose their ranged weapons and upgrades, they also only count as having a single close combat weapon. In return, they get Fearless, Feel no Pain and Furious Charge.

I forgot that Fearless means they can't go to ground...

Magnus01

Post by Magnus01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:15 pm

That would be good against guard or as a more survivable distraction.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:22 pm

I'm planning Typhus with a unit of 6 Terminators, 7 Death Guard Bikers, 7 Plague Marines in a Rhino, 3 units of Zombies and a Heldrake.

Magnus01

Post by Magnus01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:25 pm

That seems like a great list but I don't know much about the hell drake but with the whole dragon thing and not being a actual flyer I'm not too fond of.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Rust
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Rust » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:29 pm

Dez wrote:The info you have on the characters is also correct.

Typhus unlocks Plague Marines, but he can also make Cultist units Zombies. The Zombies lose their ranged weapons and upgrades, they also only count as having a single close combat weapon. In return, they get Fearless, Feel no Pain and Furious Charge.

I forgot that Fearless means they can't go to ground...
This is confirmed?

Because if so...then I need to buy a Typhus and a Codex.

Also some Tomb King models. Because why use Chaos Cultists when it gives you an excuse to field some actual Zombies? :D
"Better destruction than bondage."
"So says the slave to the free man."

Magnus01

Post by Magnus01 » Tue Oct 02, 2012 4:32 pm

Yea so do I.
Must. Kill. Matt. Ward.

Dez

Post by Dez » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:00 pm

Confirmed. Get out the glue and start making zombies ;)

Rust
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Rust » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:03 pm

Looks like I'm going to be buying a lot of these guys. :lol:

Also, I misidentified them as a Tomb Kings unit.
"Better destruction than bondage."
"So says the slave to the free man."

Devedor
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Devedor » Tue Oct 02, 2012 5:23 pm

You should mix them with guardsmen, for a more Sci fi feel. Also you'd get a good 30 out of it.
Never knows best

My Plog! http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 30&t=74994

Epic Duck Mike: Tausept Ochre and Iyanden Darksun are like cheatcodes for Yellow.
Up Up Down Down Left Right Left Right B A Start Select Tausept Ochre