Rate my 2000pt Emperors Children list

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
zeruel104
Now we're getting somewhere...

Rate my 2000pt Emperors Children list

Post by zeruel104 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 12:56 pm

Been trying to make a relatively balanced emperors children list with a Warpsmith as the warlord. Thoughts?

Detachments:

Battalion: 478
Exalted champion: Powe axe, combi-melta, bolt pistol
Sorcerer: bolt pistol, force staff
Cultists(10): autoguns, shotgun
Csm(10): chain swords, bolt pistols, (aspiring champion: power sword, plasma pistol)
Daemonettes(10): demonic icon, instrument of chaos

Vanguard 1: 796
Warpsmith: mecha-tendrils, power axe, bliss giver, melta, flamer
Sonic drednaught(x2): doom siren, blast master(×2), helbrute fist
Hell forged contemptor dreadnaught: Hell forged death claw, combi-bolter, ectoplasma cannon
Forgefiend: ectoplasma cannon (×3)

Vanguard 2: 726
Chaos lord: plasma pistol, power sword.
Terminators(5): combi-melta(×2), combi-bolter, combi-flamer, reaper auto-cannon, power axe(×3), power maul, power fist
Helbrute: multi--melta, helbrute fist
Noise marines (5): sonic blaster ×4, blast master, doom siren

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Rate my 2000pt Emperors Children list

Post by Jeffers » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:39 pm

I would consider getting some havoc's as the slaanesh strategem allowing u to shoot twice be very fluffy and quite decent.

The terminators, I would consider going all the same weapons to maximise the unit firepower.

Maybe some rhinos for the noise and chaos marines

Can you list any spare models you have as it be easier to access and maximise the fluffy list you are going for

zeruel104
Now we're getting somewhere...

Post by zeruel104 » Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:56 pm

I have five more noise marines, 2 other helbrutes. 5 more termies, a Sorcerer in terminator armor, lord in terminator armor, 20 more cultists, 2 more Exalted champions (7ed aspiring champs) and lucius the eternal. I got the Forgefiend magnetized for conversion for other weapons or into a maulerfiend.

A rhino is the next on my purchase list, I wanted a more vehicle focused army hence the Warpsmith warlord.

Nexus_Crawler
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Nexus_Crawler » Mon Jun 25, 2018 10:11 pm

zeruel104 wrote:
Mon Jun 25, 2018 1:56 pm
I have five more noise marines, 2 other helbrutes. 5 more termies, a Sorcerer in terminator armor, lord in terminator armor, 20 more cultists, 2 more Exalted champions (7ed aspiring champs) and lucius the eternal. I got the Forgefiend magnetized for conversion for other weapons or into a maulerfiend.

A rhino is the next on my purchase list, I wanted a more vehicle focused army hence the Warpsmith warlord.
Welcome to the boards!! That looks like a pretty good list for learning the ropes - Slanesh is pleased that you have devoted your worship to him/her/it.

Have you played any games with it yet? Depending on the lists that your opponents use (and how much terrain is on the board) you may find it difficult to move your troops. I would echo the need for a rhino or 2. Also, you may find that your terminators underperform. If you have the points to move around you may want to try some other, faster, options.

Let me know how your games go --
--Necrons, Dark Angels--
--Connoisseur of fine Cheese--