aetaos'rau'keres not in Chaos Daemon codex?

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Orangegroves
MiniWarGaming Beginner

aetaos'rau'keres not in Chaos Daemon codex?

Post by Orangegroves » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:46 pm

Can anyone explain to me why aetaos'rau'keres isn’t in the Chaos Daemon codex. In fact that are no LoW that I can find in the codex. Am I looking in the wrong sport or am missing it?

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: aetaos'rau'keres not in Chaos Daemon codex?

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:05 am

That is because he is a forgeworld model and his rules can be found in the forgeworld chaos index. I actually don't think chaos daemons have any non forgeworld lords of war
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Orangegroves
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Orangegroves » Sat Mar 17, 2018 12:27 am

Thank you! Can you explain one more thing to me - what’s the difference between GW and forge world from a gaming perspective? Am I allowed to bring forge world models and use their rules? Is this normal practice or will people not allow you to use FW stuff because they aren’t ‘official’ (using that term losely). I always though FW stuff was just nicer/more detailed models of stuff that already existed - I didn’t realize they had their own set of rules.

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:11 am

Much of their stuff is things like upgrade packs for different chapters like chaos and normal space marines but they also have rules for special tanks, flyers, and a whole army in the renegades and heretics. Many people will allow forgeworld stuff, however some people don't because they personally feel like it is op, i personally disagree but it is a personal preference
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 am

Forge World is a specialty subsection of Games Workshop that makes specialty models. They are more expensive, and as such have a certain level of prestige to them as they are rarer. A lot of people have aversions to Forge World, calling their stuff 'broken' or OP, but that is no more or less true than any GW stuff.

Despite what some people say (some would say "no Forge World" or "I won't play against you 'cause you have Forge World"), their models are 100% legitimate for use.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:29 am

Koonitz wrote:
Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:18 am
Forge World is a specialty subsection of Games Workshop that makes specialty models. They are more expensive, and as such have a certain level of prestige to them as they are rarer. A lot of people have aversions to Forge World, calling their stuff 'broken' or OP, but that is no more or less true than any GW stuff.

Despite what some people say (some would say "no Forge World" or "I won't play against you 'cause you have Forge World"), their models are 100% legitimate for use.
Yeah basically what i said although not really
Armies i collect:
7,268pts Salamanders

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Sat Mar 17, 2018 1:32 am

It's also worth mentioning that Forge World produces a game called "Horus Heresy", also referred to as 30k. It's designed for playing games during, as you would expect, the Horus Heresy. It is focused on the 18 legions and that civil war. THe rules for that game are, essentially, the rules for 7th Edition 40k. They are NOT compatible with the current edition of 40k and the vast majority of their more recent models are designed to be played in this game, not 40k. There are a few models in Forge World's range that do NOT have rules for 40k because of this. Most notably the Mechanicum/Taghmata. The Legio Custodes used to not have rules, though Forge World do currently have experimental rules for these models (ie: Not generally accepted without opponents permission).
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Orangegroves
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Orangegroves » Sat Mar 17, 2018 9:17 am

Thank you both for the explanations!