1000 points NL

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

1000 points NL

Post by Jeffers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:26 am

Hi, heading to warhammer world for a game and i was wondering what you guys think of my 1000 point list. We are playing on the mining facility table with lots of cover, multi platforms. I have never played against primaris marines so see what happens:-

Night lord faction battalion detachment

Chaos lord jump pack- claws of black hunt
Chaos sorcerer in terminator armour with stave

5 marines- pistol chainsword on seargant
5 marines- pistol chainsword again
5 marines- plasma pistol and power maul

5 raptors- 2 plasma pistol seargeant, 2 plasma gun, icon of despair

5 terminstor- heavy flamer and power fist, chainfist and combi melta on seargant, rest with bolters and power axes. Icon of despair

1 contemptor with butcher cannon

Let me know what you think

quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: 1000 points NL

Post by quzzaq » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:37 am

Well for the kind of map your playing i would exchange 2 squads of basic CSM for cultist, they can benefit from cover and run around, the squad left u gonna put him only a missile launcher su u can use the stratagem and support other units, plus is very versatile.

the terminator sorceror is expensive for 1000 pts game in my opinion the jumpack one is better since the warp time range is 3 inches, and the terminator sorcceror moves 4 at the time, that way u can have the spell where u need it when u need it.

the icon of despair in the plasma raptors im not sure, i know that u want to use the legion trait but i preffer something more reliable, mark of slaanesh and double the shoots for cps, thats 12 plasma instead of 6+ double the spells (prescience) or other stratagems (votlw) plus u save 10 pts.

with all the poinst left i would increase the raptor squad a few more bodies gives more chance to survive the first turn and maybe repeat the double plasma volley next turn.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Mon Feb 05, 2018 9:28 am

Your model count is pretty low for a thousand points, so I'd exchange your squads of Chaos Marines for cultists, probably four units of ten, since the small squad size will keep them out of line of sight for longer and allow you to close the distance or stay on objectives.

Now for your existing units: the combi-melta on the Champion is honestly a bit of a waste at 19 points, since you'll only have one model in the unit firing it. Your unit of Raptors also is in need of more bodies, sore they'll survive longer than the turn they come in on. Saving points elsewhere will help you fluff up this unit to last you most of the game.

As for your dreadnought, Contemptors are a little expensive at this points level, as a regular Helbrute would get the job done just as well. Reaper autocannon and fist will run you 127 points compared to a Contemptor's 178.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 10:14 am

I will look at swapping the contemptor was bringing him to go up against the prmaris dreadnought. I honestly dont have any cultists as i play a really fluffy night lords army and honestly in my oppinion wouldnt trust a bunch of godworshipping meat bags to get the job done.

I only brought the combi melta if i ran into trouble with that dreadnought. I was sitting on the fence with that

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Feb 05, 2018 2:25 pm

Ok i have removed the contemptor. I dont yet have a sorcerer with jump pack, so hence the sorcerer to deep strike with the terminators where needed

So now :-

Chaos lord jump pack- claws of black hunt
Chaos sorcerer in terminator armour with stave

5 marines- pistol chainsword on seargant
5 marines- pistol chainsword again
5 marines- plasma pistol and power maul

7 raptors- 2 plasma pistol seargeant, 2 plasma gun,

6 raptors- 2 meltaguns, icon of despair

5 terminator- heavy flamer and power fist, rest with bolters and power axes. Icon of despair.

Coming in at 1002

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Mon Feb 05, 2018 6:20 pm

You'll need to cut a maul or a plasma pistol somewhere. 1,000 points is a hard limit, not a guideline. Looks a lot better, though.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians