Collecting Chaos

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Collecting Chaos

Post by skipgiblets » Fri Jan 26, 2018 1:50 pm

So my wife got me the Start Collecting Demons of Tzeentch and Chaos Space Marine boxes for Christmas. (I am collecting a new Army.) I got more pieces for the Demons so I am pretty happy there. (I am doubling them for AOS.) On top of the start collecting CSM box, I have the pieces from Dark Vengeance. I am curious what is the recommendation for what to get next. Specifically, how do I handle enemy armor?

Also, as a geeky side note, I did a quick spreadsheet comparing the Tzeentch demons to Nurgle ones. In a pink horrors with changeling vs. plague marine comparison, they both end up taking the same number of wounds against a stock squad of space marines. I know that doesn't take into account weapon profiles, psychic powers, but I found that surprising. Certainly lowers my anger at GW.
I don't like quotations, tell me what you know. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Re: Collecting Chaos

Post by quzzaq » Sat Jan 27, 2018 2:18 pm

Well vs armored u have the DV hellbrute, is not the best but can soak fire and if it reaches an enemy vehicle in CC hes gonna tear it in pieces, for vs armored it depends on what u like:
If u like ranged troopers: havocs with lasscanons would be ideal.
if u like dreads (hellbrutes) u can go melee with double fist or u can go ranged with twinlinked lasscanon+ missile launcher (magnetizin hellbrutes is pretty easy no extra tools besides the magnets and glue)
If u like bigger robots the maulerfiend is great to crush vehicles.
if u like tanks: predatos with lasscanons

I think those are some of the best vs armored vehicles in 8th, i maybe wrong so check other sources before buying anything thats just my experience.

skipgiblets
Silver Vault Member

Post by skipgiblets » Sat Jan 27, 2018 9:35 pm

I was thinking the Havocs for the Helbrutes. The Havocs because it would play like my SM army, and the Helbrutes because I have 2 now. I am going to check some other sources, I just wanted to get the group thought on things right now.
I don't like quotations, tell me what you know. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sun Jan 28, 2018 3:24 am

Predators are beastly, especially with the predator cannon and lascannon sponsons. I'd go with a defiler over maulerfiends, as its more durable and flexible and only a few points more.

Basic marines are pretty meh, they are decent with pistols and chainswords, but it makes them very 1 dimensonal. Min squads of cultists are a good way to get around your obligatory troops, large squads need abaddon.

Other than that I haven't gotten many games in yet.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.