Daemons FAQ (and update to Chaos Marines/Death Guard).

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Daemons FAQ (and update to Chaos Marines/Death Guard).

Post by Koonitz » Mon Jan 22, 2018 11:10 am

Found here.

The Marines/Death Guard mostly got a removal of the <Daemon> keyword from Faction and moved to regular keywords, on key units. They also clarified that the Daemons stratagems only work on FACTION keyword <Daemons>. So no more deep striking Magnus/Mortarion. Of interest, WarHammer Community commented on Facebook that you are also unable to manifest Flickering Flames (+1 to wound) on Obliterators, implying psychic powers are also unable to manifest on non-FACTION <Daemons>, but the FAQ only states stratagems. FYI.

The Daemons codex datasheet for Tzeentch Horrors has replaced the Chaos Marines codex datasheet. Changes are:
- No more Ephemeral Form. Horror saves are flat, starting at 4+ for Pink, 5+ Blue, 6+ Brimstone. Used to be 5++ with Ephemeral Form across the three.
- Pink horror ranged attack becomes Assault 3 with 20+ Pink horrors in the unit.

Few sundry clarifications and fixes, otherwise. Nothing else ground-breaking that I can see.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Daemons FAQ (and update to Chaos Marines/Death Guard).

Post by Jeffers » Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 am

I guess they dont want a repeat with the imperium keyword with silly buffs going around and fudging characters/units in as a result

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Daemons FAQ (and update to Chaos Marines/Death Guard).

Post by Koonitz » Tue Jan 23, 2018 9:25 am

Jeffers wrote:
Tue Jan 23, 2018 4:00 am
I guess they dont want a repeat with the imperium keyword with silly buffs going around and fudging characters/units in as a result
It surprises me that they even allow it in the Imperial Soup lists, considering all the crap they got into with Superfriends lists from 7th Edition.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch