Black Legion [2000]

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
mrpink
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Black Legion [2000]

Post by mrpink » Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Ladies and Gentlemen I present to you Abaddon's Black Legion Warband please feel free to give me any feedback on how to improve my list

Battalion Detachment (+3 CP): Chaos, Chaos Space Marines

Black Legion

HQ

- Abaddon the Despoiler Warlord 240pts

- Sorcerer in Terminator Armour Combi-Bolter Force Sword Mark of Slaanesh Delightful Agonies Prescience 130pts

Troops

- 20x Chaos Cultists 20x Autogun Mark of Slaanesh 80pts

- 5x Chaos Space Marines 4x Boltgun 1x Lascannon Mark of Slaanesh 90pts

Elites

- 8x Chaos Terminators 8x Combi-Plasma 8x Power Sword Mark of Slaanesh 400pts

- Helbrute 2x Helbrute Fist 2x Combi-Bolter Mark of Khorne 126pts

Dedicated Transport

- Chaos Rhino 2x Combi-Bolter Mark of Slaanesh 74pts

Black Legion

HQ

- Daemon Prince with Wings 2x Malefic Talons Intoxicating Elixir Mark of Slaanesh Diabolic Strength 180pts

- Sorcerer in Terminator Armour Combi-Bolter Force Sword Mark of Slaanesh Death Hex Warptime 130pts

Troops

Elites

Dedicated Transport

Total 2000pts 11CP

So time for the plan, the Daemon Prince rushes forward with the Helbrutes and the Rhinos packed with the Marines in whilst the Cultists run around grabbing objectives then we have the Alpha Strike the Termies all drop together for a large rain of plasma on anything I choose and depending on where i strike i can also buff and warptime Abaddon to smash anything to pieces in melee with 11 CP I can abuse all the stratagems allowing the Termies to shoot twice with Veterans of the Long War and I can get Abaddon to fight twice a turn also if needed I can regenerate the Cultists to help keep hold of objectives for longer

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Black Legion [2000]

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:56 am

mrpink wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

HQ
- Abaddon the Despoiler Warlord 240pts

- Sorcerer in Terminator Armour Combi-Bolter Force Sword Mark of Slaanesh Delightful Agonies Prescience 130pts

Troops

Elites

- 8x Chaos Terminators 8x Combi-Plasma 8x Power Sword Mark of Slaanesh 400pts

Dedicated Transport

A few things with this detachment. If you're using Abaddon, a giant, overpriced unit of Chaos Terminators aren't really the way to go with him, since he can March across the board with a horde of Cultists with autoguns, spraying fire while essentially immune to morale entirely. Chaos Cultists are your bread and butter, and I'd start by ditching the small groups of Chaos Space Marines for large blocks of Cultists, at least 30 strong.
mrpink wrote:
Tue Jan 02, 2018 9:30 pm

Black Legion

HQ

- Daemon Prince with Wings 2x Malefic Talons Intoxicating Elixir Mark of Slaanesh Diabolic Strength 180pts

- Sorcerer in Terminator Armour Combi-Bolter Force Sword Mark of Slaanesh Death Hex Warptime 130pts

Troops

Elites

Dedicated Transport

I'm not really sure what you're trying to accomplish with the small groups of Chaos Space Marines, when Chaos Cultists would do a much better job keeping your opponent out of your field, while allowing you to close the distance. Instead of the Sorcerers, have you considered Dark Apostles to further support your Cultists? With the Black Legion's traits, he passes on leadership 10, and makes units of 20 or so very survivable.

Instead of the four Lascannons, have you considered Obliterators or Chaos Predators? They're both very good for the points you pay.

Personally, I bring Abaddon and a Dark Apostle with two groups of 40 with autoguns, and two or three units of 20 with close combat weapons. The whole thing costs about 900 points, and gives you piles and piles of troops to abuse with the Tide of Traitors strategem.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

mrpink
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by mrpink » Wed Jan 03, 2018 11:10 am

Hey cheers for the feedback so far I’ve enjoyed using the chaos marines the 4 extra lascannon shots really help with any extra anti tank I may need also the cultists are used to sit on any back field objectives whilst everything moves forward and since I’ve no need for bubblewrap Id rather not have to many of them the termies have made a beautiful alpha strike so far I can’t really complain about them 32 overcharged please shots hitting on 3’s possibly 2’s thanks to prescience rerolling misses thanks to Abaddon wounding on 3’s or 2’s thanks to veterans of the long war they also can gain a 5+ FNP and I can potentially strip the invuln save off of whatever I’m targeting then casting diabolical strength and warptime on Abaddon leads to 7 strength 12 Talon of Horus attacks and he can attack twice using the khorne stratagem wounding anything on 2’s thanks to veterans of the long war as I say it is built to be a vicious alpha strike taking down as much as possible in the turn they come down

Marit Lage
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:06 pm

While nice against other heavy hitting units, that tactic doesn't do anything against horde armies, as you can't get close enough to do damage, and your thousand point unit will get munched by heavy weapons fire and massed shooting, as you've got nothing threatening after that unit other than a Prince.

If you like the four lascannons, why not simply condense them into a unit of Havocs? Also, for the price of those four units, you can take a pair of Chaos Predators, and they pour out more effective fire than all four units of Chaos Space Marines do.
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

mrpink
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by mrpink » Wed Jan 03, 2018 12:30 pm

Dropping the marines for preds would also lose me 3 command points though. So far I’ve had no major trouble with hordes think I’ll play a few more games with the build first though before I make a final decision also I’m not to keen on preds unless I can use the killshot strat on them and that means I have to take at least 4 minimum to pull it off I’ll have a play around and post my findings thank you though for the feedback I’m really loving playing chaos at moment and and experimenting with all sorts

quzzaq
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by quzzaq » Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm

Wow dude, u got help here, ive posted a few times my lists and ive seen other people doing it but most of the time nobody helps, a lot of views only.

I liked your list and the only advice i can give u is to change one of the marine lascannons for a rocket launcher, so u can use the stratagem that works vs air units and is flexible and cheap

Marit Lage

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 am

quzzaq wrote:
Thu Jan 04, 2018 7:08 pm
Wow dude, u got help here, ive posted a few times my lists and ive seen other people doing it but most of the time nobody helps, a lot of views only.
I used to be a lot more active here; but I'm coming back from a year hiatus, so you're going to see a lot more of me.
Models painted in 2018:
2 Exalted Champion
Dark Apostle
Abaddon
7 Raptors
2 Chaos Bikers
5 Chaos Terminators
4 Custodians

hislittlecuzin
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by hislittlecuzin » Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:04 pm

Marit Lage wrote:
Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:53 am
I used to be a lot more active here; but I'm coming back from a year hiatus, so you're going to see a lot more of me.
I think Chaos is overdue for a tactica. ;)
Guardsmen are like ants. No matter how many get vaporized, they just keep on coming. Why can't pancakes be the same? I would pass the salt, but I just got tabled.