Night Lord lord of war/flyer

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Night Lord lord of war/flyer

Post by Jeffers » Sun Dec 10, 2017 4:32 pm

Im trying to decide on what to get for my Night Lord army.

I really want a lord of war or a flyer to play the role of anti vehicle.

I generally play fluffy so i want some opinions on what would fit best. Points are not the issue and im looking at a flyer or lord of war since in csm codex i dont like the khorny lord of skulls.

Im leaning to a typhon for that beasty cannon, what do you think. Is it fluffy or what be a better fit for the role

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Night Lord lord of war/flyer

Post by Koonitz » Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm

The Night Lords rely on terror/terrorist tactics. As their primarch was modeled, quite directly, off of Batman, the Typhon would be like Batman rolling around in a siege tank.

While not completely out of the ordinary (if you look at the ordnance that the newer Batmobile and the Arkham games batmobile used), and not a definite "never", it certainly wouldn't be something the Night Lords would use every time. A super-heavy tank would be more the kind of "it comes out when we play the occasional 2500-3000 point game".

Flyers, on the other hand, fit the bill rather well. If you are specifically looking for anti-tank, and are clearly not afraid of Forge World, might I suggest the Xiphon Interceptor. It boasts a significant amount of anti-tank firepower, and the speed to get to where it needs to be. It would also fit in with a Night Lords force exceptionally well.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Sun Dec 10, 2017 11:33 pm

Koonitz wrote:
Sun Dec 10, 2017 9:23 pm
Flyers, on the other hand, fit the bill rather well. If you are specifically looking for anti-tank, and are clearly not afraid of Forge World, might I suggest the Xiphon Interceptor. It boasts a significant amount of anti-tank firepower, and the speed to get to where it needs to be. It would also fit in with a Night Lords force exceptionally well.
I am going to have to second this. Just watched that batrep vs Deathwatch and the Xiphon was nasty.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Dec 11, 2017 2:09 am

We generally play 2500 to 3000 point games. He justed dusted off his baneblade.

The strategm for 1cp for revenge of cadia (rerolls against chaos units) took untold casualties on my forces in the last mission. I need a great counter. I looked at the xiphon and the 10 wounds worried me as i know it will get one chance.