Starting Chaos Ideas

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Hagoroth
First post! Good job, now post more...

Starting Chaos Ideas

Post by Hagoroth » Fri Nov 10, 2017 4:02 pm

Hello all!

I have a substantial(well over 40k points) Chaos army for Age of Sigmar, and given that the new addition to 40k has landed I would like to start dipping my toes into chaos here as well.

I am more than likely going to start with Shadow War Armageddon as I have a few copies of the Dark Vengeance set.

What I would like to do is a sort of roleplay themed ascension sort of thing. Where depending upon what happens during my matches, result wise and gameplay wise, it will dictate by the end of the league what faction of chaos my army becomes( basically what god, and what legion etc.)

The cool part is that when the time comes I have a huge amount of Khorne stuff from Sigmar that can cross over, especially in regards to daemons( have 8 BT and Skarbrand plus 120 bloodletters), and with their codex coming out soon it seems like perfect timing.

But I really want to kind of randomise and roleplay this group of cultists/marines who slowly fall to one of the chaos gods as my entry into the game, instead of just using khorne right off the bat.

This being said, has anyone done this type of thing before and can give some tips on how to plan it out? I'm not sure how to do it in an equal fair sort of way. Maybe give tips on what actions in a game might favor one god or the other, as it feels kinda lame to same "if I win Slaneesh, If I lose Khorne"

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Starting Chaos Ideas

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Fri Nov 10, 2017 8:09 pm

Maybe in the game have 4 themed objective markers for each god that you start control of and which marker you have control of at the end of the game determines what god you go with?
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Post by Arnathos » Sat Nov 11, 2017 7:42 am

I went a different route, chosing a strong theme from the get go, which helped me a lot in getting my stuff painted and modelled. Khorne has a lot of great kitbash opportunities with the Sigmar range. As for what would be something the gods reward, encourage:

Khorne, melee, no psykering, killing psykers first, seeking out powerful opponents and beating them through martial prowess.
Tzeentch, psykering, tricksy tactics (Forcing opponents to over commit) and failing or succeeding in a spectacular fashion that is against all odds. Changing up your army a lot.
Nurgle, endurance and attrition, long drawn out matches with few survivors.
Slaanesh, friendly fire, concentrating on dumb things "because it is fun", trading units and style over effectiveness every time.

EDIT: As the resident Word Bearer, I do have to recommend the blessed path of Chaos Undivided. The one true path to greatness!
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Sat Nov 11, 2017 9:55 am

Burn kill maim
Chaos always, always chaos.

blippityblip
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 1 Terrain Group Build entry

Post by blippityblip » Sun Nov 12, 2017 4:25 pm

Instead of picking a single army why not just smaller ones of each? You could pick up a cheap deathguard army off eBay, have a berserker army, small thousand son army etc, you could have them as black legion which would fit the fluff, or you could have them as smaller warbands working together or under a mighty warlord.

Personally I have a nurgle csm army, once it gets much bigger I'll start a khorne renegades one, after I've worked out some back story I'll make my mighty chaos warlord and his warband who these smaller warband s will answer too, at some point I'll also add a thousand sons army too and so forth
power levels
Iron hands 1384pl
Ynnari 88pl
Admech 162pl
Imperial guard 326pl
Chaos 128pl
Space wolves 110pl
Tyranids ?

And a small dwarf army