Can we use Astra Militarum for Renegades instead of Index 2

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
psychoticbuzzsaw
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Can we use Astra Militarum for Renegades instead of Index 2

Post by psychoticbuzzsaw » Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 pm

In the section of the Forgeworld index: Forces of the Astra Militarum containing the rules for Renegades and Heretics, on units it says we should reference Index 2 for, like Leman Russ tanks can we now use the rules in Astra Militarum?

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Can we use Astra Militarum for Renegades instead of Index 2

Post by Koonitz » Mon Oct 30, 2017 11:19 pm

psychoticbuzzsaw wrote:
Mon Oct 30, 2017 9:37 pm
In the section of the Forgeworld index: Forces of the Astra Militarum containing the rules for Renegades and Heretics, on units it says we should reference Index 2 for, like Leman Russ tanks can we now use the rules in Astra Militarum?
I do believe (but don't remember where) that GW clarified that Genestealer Cult uses the new codex for their units (ie: Their Leman Russ tanks get the new Grinding Advance rule, but replace the regiment keyword so do not get regimental rules). As such, I do not see any reason why the Renegades and Heretics would not do the same.

I recommend contacting Forge World, however.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

psychoticbuzzsaw
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Re: Can we use Astra Militarum for Renegades instead of Index 2

Post by psychoticbuzzsaw » Wed Nov 01, 2017 9:43 pm

Thanks I would assume also I just want the grinding advance lol.