[2000] Heretic Astartes - Black Legion

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

[2000] Heretic Astartes - Black Legion

Post by Akaitsuki » Fri Oct 13, 2017 7:36 pm

++ Battalion Detachment +3CP (Chaos - Chaos Space Marines) ++
Legion: Black Legion

+ HQ +

Abaddon the Despoiler

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour: Combi-bolter, Diabolic Strength, Eye of Tzeentch, Force axe, Mark of Tzeentch, Weaver of Fates

Sorcerer in Terminator Armour: Combi-bolter, Force axe, No Chaos Mark, Prescience, Warptime

+ Troops +

Chaos Space Marines: Icon of Wrath, Mark of Khorne
1x Aspiring Champion: Bolt pistol, Power axe
7x Marine w/ Chainsword
2x Marine w/ special weapon: Plasma gun

7x Marine w/ Chainsword

7x Marine w/ Chainsword

+ Elites +

Chaos Terminators: Mark of Slaanesh
1x Chaos Terminator Champion: Combi-melta, Power fist
4x Terminator: Combi-melta, Power fist
5x Terminator: Combi-bolter, Power axe

+ Fast Attack +

Chaos Bikers: Icon of Wrath, Mark of Khorne
3x Chaos Biker: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter
2x Chaos Biker: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter, Meltagun
1x Chaos Biker Champion: Bolt pistol, Combi-bolter

+ Dedicated Transport +

Chaos Rhino: Combi-bolter, Combi-bolter, No Chaos Mark

++ Total: [104 PL, 1997pts] ++

Expected Opponent: Astra Militarum (New Codex) a bitter rivalry vs some leftovers from Cadia apparently.

Theme: We broke Cadia, let's teach them why. I want an Abaddon led Black Legion list primed and ready to take on the new guard Codex.

Stratagems: Veterans of the Long War; Endless Cacophony (Terminators)

Plan: CSM in Rhinos, Bikers. Everyone gets right in the poor guardsman's face activate smoke launchers wait for disembarking to be feasible. Bikers advance up the field and blast away making it hard for any guard units to stay out of range.

Abaddon has a personal sorcerer to boost him offensively and defensively. The termiinators also get support from a sorcerer and come in within abaddon's buff bubble to unleash an endless cacophony that will last for days. Warp Time them first to get those meltas in proper range and then unleash all hell with rerolls taking out key units or breaking down guard lines.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: [2000] Heretic Astartes - Black Legion

Post by Marit Lage » Fri Oct 13, 2017 10:39 pm

From my experience with Abbaddon in 8th (and pretty much every edition back to 3rd), Abaddon doesn't need any help killing anything smaller than a titan. He hits like a truck, benefits from the Nurgle and Khorne strategems, and gives your army an extra two command points.

If you've got the models, try cultists. He makes them fearless, and with the Black Legion trait, they can all advance together and keep firing.

Also, a unit of ten Terminators seems a lot excessive, don't it?
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Akaitsuki
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: [2000] Heretic Astartes - Black Legion

Post by Akaitsuki » Tue Oct 17, 2017 5:49 pm

Played this list vs the new Imperial Guard codex with a mighty shadowsword tank 3 battle tanks, 2 basilisks and 1 manticore with some allied space marines.

I had first turned moved and advanced used smoke launchers on rhinos. advanced bikes and shot up some marines everything else was in deep strike position.

Smoke Launchers were amazing turn 1 nothing died until the shadowsword fired and blew up a rhino.

The following turns were about trying to get to that shadowsword which wasnt easy becasue the marines were zoning my deep strike and it was all the way at the rear. While my opponent was sitting back blasting me off the table i was holding objectives and attacking him off of them.

Abaddon got to deep strike on turn 3 near the shadowsword but about 14" away . My opponent got cocky decided to rush abaddon and 'crush them!' after failing to shoot at him (had a rhino closer phew! close call)

The mighty shadowsword assaulted abaddon and slapped him but found that his saves were strong and he only takes half damage. 2 wounds lost.

Abaddon unleashed 10 attacks total in return and did 15 wounds round 1. Then Khorne took notice and said "Hey! I want a new skull please" and Abaddon obliged unleashing the Fury of Khorne stratagem and wrecking that shadowsword with ease.

As i had the objectives and my opponent no longer had enough means to blast me off them I won the came as my opponent conceded after the followin gturn when i proceeded to claim slay the warlord and line breaker while hiding remaining models on objectives.

Had my opponent been patient and not put that shadowsword at risk he wouldve tabled me most ikely as I couldnt hide forever from the basilisks. The 13th Crusade smashed Cadia all over again

Return to “Forces of Chaos”