Black Legion - 1,500

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Black Legion - 1,500

Post by Marit Lage » Sat Aug 19, 2017 8:49 am

Finally got my hands on a Codex yesterday, and found out about the Fate of Kondor campaign. I've got a lot of models to get on bases still (cultists are my own personal hell), but I should be able to finish the models needed for this list and have a mostly painted army (sans cultists). I'm hoping for a semi-casual game, but since I'm late to the 8th edition party, what do you guys think?

Batallion Detachment
HQ
Abaddon the Despoiler - 240 pts

Exalted Champion - 90 pts
lightning claw, power fist, artefact- Eye of Night

TROOPS
30 Chaos Cultists - 120 pts
champion with brutal assault weapon/autopistol, 29x autogun

30 Chaos Cultists - 120 pts
champion with brutal assault weapon/autopistol, 29x autogun

18x Chaos Space Marines - 242 pts
aspiring champion with lightning claw/bolt pistol, 17x boltgun, mark- Slaanesh

ELITES
Helbrute - 142 pts
helbrute plasma cannon, helbrute fist

Helbrute - 154 pts
helbrute plasma cannon, helbrute hammer

HEAVY SUPPORT
Defiler - 189 pts
reaper autocannon, defiler scourge

Chaos Predator - 200 pts
predator autocannon, 2x lascannon, havoc launcher
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Raschier
MiniWarGaming Veteran
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting Pledges

Re: Black Legion - 1,500

Post by Raschier » Sat Aug 19, 2017 10:46 am

Be prepared to lose alot of cultists in the morale phase when someone shoots at you, without something like an Dark Apostle or any other LD buffing unit. Abbadon only lets your CSMs ignore morale. For the rest you have alot of shooting with only a few melee, so what is your tactic? What is every unit supposed to do? I can see that your cultists are meatshields, but why don't you try to get two units of 10 csms to have more flexibility on the unit? If you explain the idea behind your army, we could be able to give mor solid advice.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Black Legion - 1,500

Post by Marit Lage » Sat Aug 19, 2017 11:36 am

[+] Expand
Be prepared to lose alot of cultists in the morale phase when someone shoots at you, without something like an Dark Apostle or any other LD buffing unit. Abbadon only lets your CSMs ignore morale.
Check their entires a little closer. Chaos Cultists have the Heretic Astartes keyword, so they aren't losing anything to morale.
[+] Expand
For the rest you have alot of shooting with only a few melee, so what is your tactic?
Abuse the living crap out of my Legion trait. Melee isn't what Abaddon is for, though the Exalted Champion helps units stuck in it.
[+] Expand
What is every unit supposed to do?
Shoot. Except for Abaddon.
[+] Expand
I can see that your cultists are meatshields, but why don't you try to get two units of 10 csms to have more flexibility on the unit?
Mostly because i haven't used giant blocks of Chaos Marines since 3rd edition, and I want to see my opponent's reaction.
[+] Expand
If you explain the idea behind your army, we could be able to give mor solid advice.
I thought it was fairly obvious what I intend to do with 100 models with rapid fire weapons and the Black Legion trait.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

Return to “Forces of Chaos”