Quick question

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
RAWWBERRY
First post! Good job, now post more...

Quick question

Post by RAWWBERRY » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm

I play death guard and was wondering if I can use the new point values in the chaos codex for my units. As an example my defiler would be way cheaper and the bail flamer is half the price.

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Re: Quick question

Post by Koonitz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:16 pm

RAWWBERRY wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:05 pm
I play death guard and was wondering if I can use the new point values in the chaos codex for my units. As an example my defiler would be way cheaper and the bail flamer is half the price.
So far, the Chaos Index FAQ only includes updates that adjust the cost of the core daemons that were in the codex. No other Index datasheet has been updated to reflect what is in the Chaos Space Marines codex.
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm

AFAIK, if there is an entry in both the CSM Codex and the Index, the Codex takes precedence. Like the Space Marine one.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Koonitz
Mighty Manufactorium of MiniWarGaming Posts
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting Pledges

Post by Koonitz » Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm

coldsteel wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm
AFAIK, if there is an entry in both the CSM Codex and the Index, the Codex takes precedence. Like the Space Marine one.
That's only if you are using the Codex for your army. If you are using an Index army, you still use the index (ie: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and referencing the space marine points lists for various wargear options).

If I were to have to use Codex: Chaos Space Marine entries for, say, the Horrors in my Thousand Sons/Tzeentch army, then why would the FAQ provide updated rules for the index entry to reflect the changes in Codex: Chaos Space Marines (Also, nuts to buying a whole codex for one datasheet, or to get 12 point power fists).
Armies:
40k: Knights Cynosure Iron Hands successor chapter, House Terryn Questor Imperialis, Thousand Sons/Tzeentch Daemons
30k: Thousand Sons
Age of Sigmar: Sylvaneth, Disciples of Tzeentch

coldsteel
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by coldsteel » Tue Aug 15, 2017 9:15 pm

Koonitz wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 5:14 pm
coldsteel wrote:
Tue Aug 15, 2017 2:43 pm
That's only if you are using the Codex for your army. If you are using an Index army, you still use the index (ie: Dark Angels, Blood Angels, Space Wolves and referencing the space marine points lists for various wargear options).

If I were to have to use Codex: Chaos Space Marine entries for, say, the Horrors in my Thousand Sons/Tzeentch army, then why would the FAQ provide updated rules for the index entry to reflect the changes in Codex: Chaos Space Marines (Also, nuts to buying a whole codex for one datasheet, or to get 12 point power fists).
True dat.
Crucifiers (SM codex) (11881/703 PL)
Orks (3745/255 PL)
Astra Militarum (####/378 PL)
Fallen Crucifiers (CSM codex) (####/351 PL)
Khornate Daemons (####/65 PL)
Death Guard (2387/128 PL)
Primaris Marines (1099/60 PL)

Return to “Forces of Chaos”