Sooo....

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Sooo....

Post by Geradox » Wed Aug 02, 2017 12:34 pm

Any tips for a low firepower army to deal with Bobby g. Cuz in the mega battle we had on sun 5v5 ya know super Smurf himself chewed threw a bloodthirster who only had 1 wound on him. A at half wounds kairos, a slaneesh dp, fully healed he'll brute 10 man bezerkers and kharn (who killed him after he came back) after all was said and done I had a rhino left so any tips on beating super Smurf in combat other then avoid him like the plauge

Side note my objective by the team leader was to stop Bobby g from getting the objective which I did
Chaos always, always chaos.

Marit Lage
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesWon a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge Entry

Re: Sooo....

Post by Marit Lage » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:34 pm

He sounds like a model similar to Abaddon in close quarters, so the same tricks should work. Kite him. Move around him. Most importantly, get the charge. With the changes to close combat this edition, mobile, fast units good at assault are better than ever.
Chaos Space Marine Tactica (old)
Models painted in 2017:
Exalted Champion
85 Chaos Cultists
3 Chaos Bikers

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:41 pm

Being a character it is going to be mostly in close combat. Try to punish any unsaved wound by a lot of damages or with cheap unit with a lot of attacks , saturation can go throuh invulnerable.

He is only toughness 6 , berzerkers with chain axes will wound him on 4+ and you don't care about the lack of AP, attacking twice will bring a lot of attacks. Obviously if there is only one little unit of them... not worth it, he cost 2 times their cost at least. But being realy expenssive you will be able to bring a lot of thing against him for that same point cost.

So overall i think bringing an other big thing against him is not the right thing because of his save. Unless you can be as resilient as him. I don't know everything about chaos but if you can give a deamon prince a nice invuln save he can be a good match. Like the new relic for iron warriors. Realy resilient. So bloodthirster you can pretty much forget they are not resilient enough, i'm not surprise that he killed one.

Obviously it's just on paper, but the idea is the same for every big invulnerable save units.

A lot of smite / other kind of mortal wounds can be nice too.

Realgone
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Post by Realgone » Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:12 pm

mmsolo wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:41 pm
Exactly that. My last game was against Ultramarine, it's was pre-codex so not sure if it as easy now.

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Thu Aug 03, 2017 9:59 am

Realgone wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 3:12 pm
mmsolo wrote:
Wed Aug 02, 2017 1:41 pm
Exactly that. My last game was against Ultramarine, it's was pre-codex so not sure if it as easy now.
Not as easy cause they have a strategems that lets them attack one last time as they died (it's how he killed my bezerker unit and my kharn )

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 1:28 pm

Don't worry, World eaters legion focus is out. You will be ripping some stuff next time. I'm not sure but seems that you can fight 3 times with Kharn or bezerkers by using a stratagem ( nothing say you can cumulate the rule and the stratagem for now ) and with the legion trait +1 attack it become 3 attacks. ( for each model )

Or just fighting twice with your 12 points power fists.

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Geradox » Thu Aug 03, 2017 4:52 pm

Slaughterborn on a maelific talon DP scary with the world eater +1 atk as well

mmsolo
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mmsolo » Thu Aug 03, 2017 7:37 pm

well slaughterborn you have to build up your buff buy killing big stuff and each big stuff is actually a threat. So most of the time you won't have that buff when facing a big character cause it will be the first of the battle if the enemie don't run weak/cheap characters

Return to “Forces of Chaos”