1850 - Death Guard - First time poster looking for C&C

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.

How would this list do in a tournament setting?

1. Excellent. Really competitive, top tier
No votes
2. Great. Could compete with above average lists
No votes
3. Good. Rated above mediocre
No votes
4. Mediocre. Could do compete with mid tier lists at a tournament setting
100%
5. Weak. Could Compete with bad to mediocre teams
No votes
6. Meh. Could compete with weaker teams in a tournament
No votes
7. Bad. Not competitive at all
No votes

Total votes: 1

killerpenguin
First post! Good job, now post more...

1850 - Death Guard - First time poster looking for C&C

Post by killerpenguin » Sun Apr 09, 2017 8:01 am

Hi guys! Thanks for checking out my list!

I'm a Death guard player coming back to the hobby after a three year break. i've been lurking at the MWG youtube channel and forum, and i finally decided to say hi.
It seems a good time to be back with Traitor legions and the new Death guard coming out soon. I've played a few games, but i really have no idea what people play and how to compete in tournaments these days. I played one tournament recently and i had a blast, i want to play competitively, so i'd really appreciate some pointers!

So I decided to try and put together a well rounded list. Almost the entire list is objective secured, psykers, high toughness, a variation of S:7 and 8. Stealth outside 18", Feel no pain, re-rolling 1's on everything except the brutes and the spawn. All Fearless.

The psyker from the warband join the Spawn as a meat shield and to spread out the objective secured, the other psyker join the biker unit with the lord. They both roll on telepathy and biomancy to get shrouding and or invisibility for the helbrute- and biker unit.

The helbrute warlord rolls on the night lords warlord table hoping for hit and run, hatred, or rampage. The brutes will walk up the middle of the board, hoping for some double tap plasma action.

I appreciate any pointers or comments you have on how you would alter the list to make it stronger, how it would do against specific lists, weaknesses and strengths. Thank you!

Chaos Warband

Chaos Lord - Bike, Lightning Claw, MoN, Power Fist, Sigil of corruption

Sorcerer - 3ML, Bike, Blight grenades, Force Stave, MoN, Spell familiar

5x Chaos Bikers - MoN, 2x Meltagun, Power Fist

5x Chaos Space Marines - Rhino, MoN, Plasma Gun

5x Chaos Space Marines - Rhino, MoN, Plasma Gun

5x Chosen - MoN, 2x Flamer, 2x Meltagun, Melta Bomb

5x Havocs - 4x Autocannon, MoN

Lord of the Legion
Sorcerer - ML3, Bike, Force Axe, MoN, Spell familiar

Auxiliary
Spawn - MoN

Formation Detachment - Night Lords

Helfist Murderpack 5x Helbrute - 5x Plasma Cannon, Helbrute Character is Warlord