Chaos space marine chosen conversion help

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Chaos space marine chosen conversion help

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Sun Apr 02, 2017 11:25 pm

To all you faithful servants of the dark gods, what bits are the best for converting into chaos chosen? At first I wanted to make them robed with dark angels company veterans bits but I've since changed my mind and probably plan on using possessed backpacks. I've heard that raptor legs are good for the champ and I plan on probably using the helmets but I wanted to see what you all thought would be the best converting bits. Thanks in advance.
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Arnathos
MiniWarGaming Grand Marshall
Ribbons Earned: Has Completed 5 Painting PledgesHas Completed 10 Painting PledgesHas Completed 25 Painting PledgesHas Completed 50 Painting PledgesHas Completed 100 Painting Pledges!Won a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventTook part in a Painting Deathmatch Headline EventWon a Painting Deathmatch Side ChallengeCompleted a Painting Deathmatch Side Challenge EntryPlaced First with a 'Mini of the Month' EntryCompleted a 'Mini of the Month' Entry

Re: Chaos space marine chosen conversion help

Post by Arnathos » Mon Apr 03, 2017 1:32 am

I used possessed mixed with normal marine bits for mine and gave them green stuff tabards or aprons. Raptor and dark angel bits mixed could work though.
Time will tell... Sooner or later... Time will tell.
WH40k:
IG 5000pts[95% Painted]
Word Bearers 10000pts[89% Painted]
WHFB:
Empire 5000pts[95% Painted]

FYI, I'm Dutch, not Finnish, I just live there.

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Mon Apr 03, 2017 5:22 am

Would you be averse to using FW or 3rd party?

If you don't mind using FW then if you are basing your force of a legion or something kind of similar, look at what they have for that legion or anything else you can find to spice up some normal chaos space marines.

If you don't mind using 3rd party use Evil Craft, they have fantastic looking miniatures that really fit with Chaos Space Marines

http://evilcraft.eu/category/products/complete-models/

Really spruced up miniatures that are pretty similar and are pretty good alternative chosen

Salamand3rs4Lyfe
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by Salamand3rs4Lyfe » Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:09 am

The only problem I have with forgeworld is the ungodly cost of everything. My warband isn't based off any particular legion so I am not really interested in the legion upgrade kits. However those evilcraft chaos veterans look sick, I might just use those instead.
Armies i collect:
11,115pts csm The Privileged
7,268pts Salamanders
1,200pts gsc Sons of Jormangandr

Jeffers
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Post by Jeffers » Mon Apr 03, 2017 12:06 pm

Different mark armours are a good shout, mux and match to show their experience and salvaging parts