New Death Guard Release

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Cecil824
Silver Vault Member

Re: New Death Guard Release

Post by Cecil824 » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:44 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:I thought that the leaked blurry pictures on the lower part had been identified as russian sculpts. You don't think that anymore?
I don't think so. The specific curve of the weapon pictured kind of lends to that particular design. Also looks appropriate in size and positioning of the scythe. Note the background how you can identify models standing upright in the scythe picture, and all the other models positioned with a similarly positioned scythe.

That said, I'm not part of the Mystery Machine crew..but it does line up with what official GW has shown so far I think.

Also looks like possibly customized limbs? Bug like appendages for more close combat attacks? Haven't read much on the Daemon Primarch Mortarion honestly, particularly how his shape is represented in the fluff.
Heroes become legends. Legends become myths. Myths become fantasy.

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Thu Mar 23, 2017 11:50 pm

Post Heresy pictures of Mortarion are generally not showing much his body. He's generally a bit in shadow with a hood masking his face and a tattered robe that hide his armor. And he has giant wings and his scythe, of course, that makes him look like a fallen angel. But in all cases, he doesn't look that monstrous.
[+] Expand
[+] Expand
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Bojazz
Lives, breathes, and eats MiniWarGaming

Post by Bojazz » Fri Mar 24, 2017 12:27 am

Was the Russian Sculpt thing ever confirmed? I heard it thrown around, but I never saw the evidence.
Craftworld Eldar - Power Level 360
Orks - Power Level 70

Kovlovsky
Epic MiniWarGaming Poster, 'nuff said

Post by Kovlovsky » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:31 am

Bojazz wrote:Was the Russian Sculpt thing ever confirmed? I heard it thrown around, but I never saw the evidence.
Me neither. I just saw people telling that with confidence. Maybe it was a real leak after all. I'm not sure if I like the bloated feel of the model, but GW seems to make most Nurgle models look obese these days. :P
Forum's NKVD Cpt. Kovlovsky

40k : 3945 points of Thousand Sons
380 pts of Tzeentch Daemons of Chaos

Thousand Sons WiP : http://www.miniwargaming.com/forum/view ... 6&t=114889

Fantasy : OnG

Alkuzar
Bronze Vault Member

Post by Alkuzar » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:35 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:
Bojazz wrote:Was the Russian Sculpt thing ever confirmed? I heard it thrown around, but I never saw the evidence.
Me neither. I just saw people telling that with confidence. Maybe it was a real leak after all. I'm not sure if I like the bloated feel of the model, but GW seems to make most Nurgle models look obese these days. :P
That's why i like the FW conversions more, they are not that bloated, plus i like the armor look more. I used them for my entire army so far.
Warhammer 40k:
106 power. / 1994 pts. Death Guard
33 power. / 667 pts. The Tainted
17 power. / 362 pts. Daemons of Nurgle

Cecil824
Silver Vault Member

Post by Cecil824 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 7:37 pm

Kovlovsky wrote:

I think, perhaps, the thought process is that Nurgle, being a jolly old fat guy, shapes his minions more in line with the form he likes. Similar to Lucien becoming beautifully scarred (to the ruination of beauty whilst achieving new heights of sensation in the process) Kharn or Angron exhibiting more and more aggressive tendancies and dawning red colors ontop of being more bloodthirsty. Tzeentch..being a changer, generally exhibits bird-like characteristics in his minions.

So..Nurgle. He makes fat guys. It does generally work in conjunction with their ruleset too I think. All of Deathguard for example being -1 initiative, while increasing their toughness. I'd expect with the return of the movement stat (confirmed) that Nurgle will be a slower moving army which will nerf them just a bit.

Should they all be bloated balls of puss? Naw. Variety is the spice of Chaos! It would demonstrate a significant change to Mortarion however, given he was typically described as more slight, and sickly than his other counterparts..while still incredibly potent as a combatant.

What about those mutant looking guys? Think they'll be cultist stand ins/zombies? Or a new unit all together?
Heroes become legends. Legends become myths. Myths become fantasy.

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Post by Imperia » Sat Mar 25, 2017 12:31 am

I think we will definitely be seeing some new units rules-wise from this, if Wrath of Magnus was anything similar, then new units are highly likely to appear and the mutant/zombie looks too large and special to be a zombie, but there is no kit for Plague Zombies so they may as well make them now, maybe even just as a unit itself.

mouser04
MiniWarGaming Zealot

Post by mouser04 » Sat Mar 25, 2017 1:01 am

It is mortarian my forge world mortarian has the same exact ball on his scythe and exactly the same spot that ball is placed just too bad I can't show u pictures I hate how this program won't allow me to put picture on here from iPad if it was simple like on comment section you see a camara looking picture inside it and bam hello I can imput pictures