Is this possible? Mixed Daemon & KDK allied with blood tithe

The ideal discussion board for all traitors, heretics, and the warp-spawned Daemons.
Skullthrone
MiniWarGaming Beginner

Is this possible? Mixed Daemon & KDK allied with blood tithe

Post by Skullthrone » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:31 pm

Hello Again,

I am getting a lot of use of the forums, thanks for the advice so far!

So this is a theoretical question, I know the answer is likely 'no' due to separate codex, and may be OP. But best to ask the question.

I guess the main question is this: Do allies still gain the use of their army special rule? If so can the same units from other armies contribute to that?

More detail:
I like the idea in the future of creating a mix daemon army, likely Tzeentch and Khorne (apologies to anyone who hates me for that lol).

If I created a daemonic incursion formation made up of both khorne and Tzeentch units, and I then include Khorne Daemonkin allies for some dakka, would the Khorne units from deamonic incursion also help generate blood tithes?
All KDK needs to spend blood tithes is the trait "blood for the blood god", and any khorne daemonkin unit listed in the KDK codex has that trait by default.

They are not just similar units either, they are the exact same unit. So if I had some skull cannons in my demonic incursion would they not generate blood tithes?

So the TL:DR would be: Can I have Khorne Daemonkin in a Daemonic incursion and they also contribute blood tithe points to allied KDK?

Again I expect the answer is no, but wouldn't it be fun..

Geradox
MiniWarGaming Veteran

Re: Is this possible? Mixed Daemon & KDK allied with blood tithe

Post by Geradox » Tue Mar 21, 2017 8:47 pm

No the daemons used for the incursion are taken from the daemon codec. But I think if you summon daemons and specifically choose to summon the ones from kdk book then you could though I'm not 100% on that one though. Someone else might have a better explanation. My play group have decided on a no though. But I would love to be wrong
Chaos always, always chaos.

Imperia
MiniWarGaming Crazed Zealot

Re: Is this possible? Mixed Daemon & KDK allied with blood tithe

Post by Imperia » Tue Mar 21, 2017 10:43 pm

Geradox wrote: But I think if you summon daemons and specifically choose to summon the ones from kdk book then you could though I'm not 100% on that one though.
No, only KDK units can contribute to the Blood Tithe rule, this is because they have the Blood for the Blood God! Special Rule, which is what produces points. Also, when it comes to summoning, only if you summon daemons due to spending Blood Tithe points and summoning what it says you can, then those units come from the KDK codex and thus would have Blood for the Blood God! meaning they can then further affect the Blood Tithes.

However, when summoning with units from the Daemon Codex, you are using the spells which summon normal daemons from Codex: Chaos Daemons, meaning they have to come from Codex: Chaos Daemons which whether they are Khorne or not, do not have the Blood for the Blood God! rule meaning they cannot influence blood tithe points in anyway